June/July Events 2017
Father’s Day – June 18th
- Sew Cool Sewing Workshop. Come to the Old Homosassa Learning Center every Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00. This class is open to adults at any sewing level. Sewing machines, ironing boards, and fabric available for use. All classes at the Learning Center are free of charge! 10950 W Yulee Drive Homosassa.
- Citrus County Council – Meets every 2nd Wednesday at 9 am. Doors open at 8:30 for coffee and networking at Beverly Hills Lions Club, 73 Civic Circle. Public is welcome.
- Citrus Shrine Club – All Shriners, Masons, family and friends are invited to the Shrine Club Potluck Socials held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 468 N Woodlake Ave, Inverness. Call 352-793-9470 for more info.
- Citrus Fishing Club – Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm at the American Legion Post 155, 6585 W Gulf to Lake Hwy. Call 352-563-9928 for more info.
- Chassahowitzka Community Association Game Day. The Chassahowitzka Community Association will hold a game day on each 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 10300 S Riviera Dr., Chassahowitzka. For more information contact Marylin Simpson at (260) 563-1465.
- South Levy Marketplace – 4th Saturday of the month. 9 am to Noon beside the Inglis Town Hall on Hwy 40 W.
- Antique Vintage Market & Music Festival. Every 4th weekend of the month. 3591 Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, 34460. Call 352-586-0480 for more info.
- Citrus Springs Civic Association – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7:00 pm Meetings are at the Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W. Citrus Springs Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Please bring a few canned items for a local pantry.
- Hospice of Citrus County Afternoon Tea – 2pm – 4pm Weekly on Friday at Hospice House, 3350 W Audubon Path, Lecanto, FL. For more information, visit http://www.hospiceofcitruscounty.org
- Citrus County Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7:30 am – 2 pm on Fridays. Come out and find that item you have been looking for.
- The Knit Wits of Homosassa. Join the Knits Wits of Homosassa at the Homosassa Public Library on Fridays from 1 – 3 pm for a happy, relaxed afternoon of knitting, crocheting, or just visiting. Newcomers are welcome to join the group, whether you are a novice or a master. Contact: Nancy Zembruski firstname.lastname@example.org (352) 503-6400
- The Florida Chapter of the Historical Novel Society meets on the first Saturday of each month in the Community Room at the Central Ridge Library, 425 W. Roosevelt Boulevard, Beverly Hills. Business meetings begin at 1 p.m. and programs begin at 1:30 p.m.
- Old Homosassa Heritage Council Meeting. Held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 5:30pm at the Old Homosassa Civic Club.
- Herry’s Market Day. The outdoor flea market features a variety of merchandise. Call 352-527-2020 for more information. Herry’s Market Day is the second Saturday of each month at 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane, Homosassa.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Homosassa meets first Thursday of each month 6:30 pm at VFW Cootie bldg. on Veterans drive in Homosassa. AmVets is a national organization. Floyd Blodgett, Publicity Director 513-4490
- Crystal River City Council Meeting. Second and Fourth Monday of the month. For information, visit www.crystalriverfl.org
- Inverness City Council Meeting. Monthly on the first & third Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Education for the Future Committee. Monthly on the third Wednesday. CCBA Headquarters
- Drum Circle – on the Second Sunday of each month a Sunset Drum Circle begins 2 hours before sunset, at Ft Island Gulf Beach at the last picnic shelter. Bring chairs and bug spray, drums, shakers, etc. Call Charlotte 352 344 8009 for more information.
- Radiant Ridge Toastmasters. The Toastmasters meet every 2nd, 4th, and 5th Mondays of each month at the YMCA in Lecanto on 486, first room on the right. For more information, call Vicky at (352) 518-4633 or email email@example.com.
- The Spirit of Citrus Dancers, USA Dance Chapter 6072, cordially invites the public to join in the joy of dancing on the first and third Saturdays of the month. For more information, please call JoAnn at 352-746-4274 or visit their web site at http://www.socdancer.org.
- All American Muscle Night. Car show sponsored by Nature Coast Mustangs at Arby’s starting at 6 pm ~ 6/23, 6/30, 7/7, 7/14
- Friday Night Thunder. Cars and trucks from all decades assemble from 5 pm to 7 pm in Courthouse Square in downtown Inverness on the third Friday of every month. Contact 352-341-1165 for more information.
CARDS & BINGO!!
- TOO FAR Water & Natural Resource hosts BINGO every Monday Afternoon at Point O’Woods, 9228 E. Gospel Island Rd, Inverness. Call Pat at 352-419-8030 for more information.
- VFW Post 4337 Hosts BINGO every Monday & Thursday at 3 pm and Wednesday at 6 pm. 906 Hwy 41 E, Inverness. Call 352-344-3495 for details.
- Homosassa Lions Club hosts BINGO every Monday Night! Doors open at 4 for dinner provided by the kitchen for a good price! Games start at 6 at 8405 Homosassa Trail.
- Show me the money! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month come out to Kellner Auditorium from 6-8 pm for Combination of Cards & Bingo. Call Barbara at 352-513-5169 for more information.
- Floral City Lions Club hosts BINGO every Wednesday at the Floral City Community Building 8730 E Orange Ave, Floral City. Quarter Bingo starts at 4 pm and regular bingo at 6 pm. Refreshments available.
Citrus County Speedway
- 6/17/2017- 50 Lap Super Late Model Feature, 25 Lap Mod Mini Feature, 25 Lap Pure Stock Feature, 25 Lap Street Stock Feature, 25 Lap Mini Stock Feature.
- 6/24/2017- 50 Lap Sportsman Feature, 50 Lap Street Stock Feature, 25 Lap Mini Stock feature, 25 Lap Pure Stock Feature, Demo Derby and Monster Truck, PS Powder Puff
- 7/1/2017- ***CLOSED***
- 7/8/2017– 50 Lap Pro Truck Feature, 50 Lap Mod Mini Feature, 25 Lap Street Stock Feature, 25 Lap Pure Stock Feature, 25 Lap Pure Stock Figure 8, Demo Derby
- 7/15/2017– 50 Lap Open Wheel Modified Feature, 25 Lap Mini Stock Feature, 25 Lap Street Stock Feature, 25 Lap Mod Mini Feature, 25 Lap Pure Stock Feature
- 6/18 – The Color Purple (PG-13)
- 6/23, 24 & 25 – Church Folks 3 (All proceeds go to help the Smith Recovery Fund, a family who recently lost everything in a fire.)
- 7/2 – Top Gun (PG-13)
- 7/9 – Cape Fear (NR)
- 7/16 – High Noon (PG)
Chamber Events: For details on Chamber events call (352) 795-3149.
- 6/21 – Business Women’s Alliance Lunch. The Business Women’s Alliance will hold its June luncheon at Citrus Hills Golf & Country Club. Duke Energy is the Sponsor. Networking will begin at 11:30am. Our Speaker will be Superintendent of Schools, Sam Himmel.
- 6/21 – June Mixer. Join us for an after-hours meet-and-greet with the physicians and staff of Seven Rivers Medical Group, Seven Rivers Regional Medical Center’s newest primary care clinic. 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Scheduled Events by City:
- 6/15 – Summer Concert– The Inverness Cultural Heritage Council presents a Tribute to the Beach Boys! Peter Alden will once again display his outstanding talent as he and The Corvairs pay tribute to the Beach Boys. For more information, please call 352-341-6428
- 7/2 – Independence Day Concert. 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm at Cornerstone Baptist Church, 1100 W Highland Blvd, Inverness. All NCCB concerts are free of admission. Visit their website at http://www.naturecoastcommunityband.com.
- 7/3 – Patriotic Evening. 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Liberty Park and Wallace Brooks Park 286 N. Apopka Ave. Fireworks at 9.
- 7/13 – Citrus Memorial Hospital 60th Anniversary Celebration. Join us in the Gulf Room of the Citrus Memorial Health System at 502 W Highland Blvd Inverness, from 5 PM to 7 PM
- 6/24 – Bullitt Classic Cars Cruise in. 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at Bullitt Classic Cars 8690 South Florida Avenue Floral City.
- 7/1 – Independence Day Concert. Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W Citrus Springs Blvd, Citrus Springs from 2:30 p to 3:30 pm. All NCCB concerts are free of admission. Visit their website at naturecoastcommunityband.com.
- 6/25 – Cattle Dog Cruise In. Hosted by Cattle Dog Coffee Roasters 2416 N Heritage Oaks Path, Hernando. Citrus County Cars and Coffee time is 8am till 11am. This is open to ALL makes and models.
- 6/19 – CareerSource Mobile Unit. Designed to serve both employers and job seekers. The bus is open 10-noon and 1-3:30. No charge for services! At the Homosassa Library.
- 6/19 – Wildlife Ranger Camp. A Wildlife Ranger Camp program for children ages 8 through 10 years of age is available upon acceptance of applications. Each program is limited to 20 campers. For more information call Rene Poppe, Park Services Specialist; (352) 628-5445, ext. 1004
- 6/21 – Belly Dancing Class. 5:45 PM – 6:45 PM, Homosassa Library Community Room. Belly dancing is exercise for anyone, regardless of age or size. It provides low-impact exercise, toning, and is lots of fun.
- 6/24 – 19th Annual Homosassa River Fireworks Fest & Poker Run.
Poker Run from 8am to 6pm: Stops: Monkey Bar, Shelly’s Seafood, The Freezer, Seagrass, & MacRae’s. Fireworks will begin at approximately 9:15pm.
- 6/13 – 6/16 – CAMP RAH RAH. Boys and girls 4 years old – 8th grade are invited to learn cheers, dances, make crafts, and older campers will learn basic jumps, tumbling and stunting skills with our CRHS Cheerleaders. Pre-Registration is open through June 1st, 2017. 352-795-4641
- 7/4 – Old-Fashioned 4th of July. Join the City of Crystal River at Kings Bay Park. The celebration starts at 5:00pm and the fireworks begin at 9:00pm, weather permitting.
Scallop Season 7/1 – 9/24 – Do you have your fishing license, dive flag, life jackets, snorkel equipment?
7/20 – Summer Concert-Roy Orbison & Conway Twitty by Brian McCullough 7pm – 9pm on the 2nd Floor Courtroom/Old Historic Courthouse