July/August 2019 Events
Scallop Season Is OPEN!
School Starts August 12th.
- Citrus Fishing Club – Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm at the American Legion Post 155, 6585 W Gulf to Lake Hwy. Call 352-563-9928 for more info.
- Family Night. Are you ready for some family fun? There is something for everyone to enjoy during family night at the library. 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Floral City Library Program Room.
- Crystal River City Council Meeting. Second and Fourth Monday of the month. For information, visit http://www.crystalriverfl.org
- Radiant Ridge Toastmasters. The Toastmasters are meeting on the second, fourth, and fifth Mondays from 5:15 pm to 6:45 pm at the central ridge Library on 425 W Roosevelt Blvd, Beverly Hills. The contact phone is 352 613-5056
- Yang Tai Chi (short form) classes every Monday morning with Elaine Seissler at Whispering Pines City Park (Pavilion) 1700 Forest Drive, Inverness 34450 from 9 am to 10 am.
- Inverness City Council Meeting. Monthly on the first & third Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Citrus County BOCC Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. at the Citrus County Courthouse.
- Free Public Workshop at Atlas Insurance Services. Enjoy a different topic each Tuesday from 10 am to Noon at 4556 S Suncoast Blvd Homosassa 34446. Limited Seating. For topic schedule and to RSVP call 352-610-0140.
- Chassahowitzka Community Association Game Day. The Chassahowitzka Community Association will hold a game day on each 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 10300 S Riviera Dr., Chassahowitzka. For more information contact Marylin Simpson at (260) 563-1465.
- Education for the Future Committee. Monthly on the third Wednesday. CCBA Headquarters.
- Historic Downtown Inverness Walking Tour. Tours are on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. For more information or to reserve your spot, call (352)341-6428
- Sew Cool Sewing Workshop. Come to the Old Homosassa Learning Center every Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00. This class is open to adults at any sewing level. Sewing machines, ironing boards, and fabric available for use. All classes at the Learning Center are free of charge! 10950 W Yulee Drive Homosassa.
- Citrus Shrine Club – All Shriners, Masons, family and friends are invited to the Shrine Club Potluck Socials held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 468 N Woodlake Ave, Inverness. Call 352-793-9470 for more info.
- Citrus Springs Civic Association – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7:00 pm Meetings are at the Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W. Citrus Springs Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Please bring a few canned items for a local pantry.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Homosassa meets first Thursday of each month 6:30 pm at VFW Cootie bldg. on Veterans drive in Homosassa. AmVets is a national organization.
- The Kiwanis Club of West Citrus meets every Thursday at Oysters Restaurant in Crystal River at Noon.
- VITAS Healthcare Afternoon Tea – 2pm – 4pm Weekly on Friday. For more information, call 352-527-2020 or visit vitas.com
- Citrus County Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7:30 am – 2 pm on Fridays. Come out and find that item you have been looking for.
- The Knit Wits of Homosassa. Join the Knits Wits of Homosassa at the Homosassa Public Library on Fridays from 1 – 3 pm for a happy, relaxed afternoon of knitting, crocheting, or just visiting. Newcomers are welcome to join the group, whether you are a novice or a master. Contact: Nancy Zembruski at email@example.com (352) 503-6400
- Friday Night Thunder. Cars and trucks from all decades assemble from 5 pm to 7 pm in Courthouse Square in downtown Inverness on the third Friday of every month. Contact 352-341-1165 for more information
- South Levy Marketplace – 4th Saturday of the month. 9 am to Noon beside the Inglis Town Hall on Hwy 40 W.
- Indoor Arts & Crafts Market held the 2nd weekend of each month at the Crystal River Mall. Market is Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 4 and a portion of each participating dealers fee is donated to 2 local charities … The Citrus County Blessings Program and The Mission of Citrus. Anyone interested can contact Linda Sojka at 352-302-1084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- WCDC Meeting is on the second Saturday of each month. All interested Democrats are invited to attend. For More info, email email@example.com.
- Antique Vintage Market & Music Festival. Every 4th weekend of the month. 3591 Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, 34460. Call 352-586-0480 for more info.
- Herry’s Market Day. The outdoor flea market features a variety of merchandise on the 2nd Saturday of each month at 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane, Homosassa. Call 352-249-1470 for more info.
- The Spirit of Citrus Dancers, USA Dance Chapter 6072, cordially invites the public to join in the joy of dancing on the first and third Saturdays of the month. For more information, please call JoAnn at 352-746-4274 or visit their web site at http://www.socdancer.org.
- Bullitt Classic Cars Cruise-In is held on the last Saturday of the month at 8690 S Florida Ave in Floral City. The event time is 10 am till 1pm. Free donuts and coffee. A friendly gathering of car enthusiasts open to All makes and Models.
- Citrus County Cars and Coffee Cruise- In. Cattle Dog Coffee Roasters in Hernando will host a Last Sunday of the month auto show, time is 8am till 11am, open to ALL makes and models.
CARDS & BINGO!!
- TOO FAR Water & Natural Resource hosts BINGO every Monday Afternoon at Point O’Woods, 9228 E. Gospel Island Rd, Inverness. Call Pat at 352-419-8030 for more information.
- VFW Post 4337 Hosts BINGO every Thursday at 3 pm and Wednesday at 6 pm. 906 Hwy 41 E, Inverness. Call 352-344-3495 for details.
- Homosassa Lions Club hosts BINGO every Monday Night! Doors open at 4 for dinner provided by the kitchen for a good price! Games start at 6 at 8405 Homosassa Trail.
- The American Legion Post #166 in Homosassa hosts Show Me the Flag Thursdays from 3-5, Bingo on Fridays from 12-3 with early bird games starting at 11:30 am. 4520 S Suncoast Blvd Homosassa Square Shopping Center.
- Show me the money! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month come out to Kellner Auditorium from 6-8 pm for Combination of Cards & Bingo. Call Barbara at 352-513-5169 for more information.
- Floral City Lions Club hosts BINGO every Wednesday at the Floral City Community Building 8730 E Orange Ave, Floral City. Quarter Bingo starts at 4 pm and regular bingo at 6 pm. Refreshments available.
- 7/19 – Chicken Run (G)
- 7/21 – Tootsie (PG)
- 7/26 – The Incredibles (PG)
- 7/28 – Apollo 13 (PG)
- 8/2 – The Lego Movie (PG)
- 8/9 – Meet the Robinsons (G)
Citrus County Chamber Events:
- 8/8 – Chamber Ambassador Meeting. If you are a Chamber member and want to learn more about being an Ambassador, please attend this meeting. Holiday Inn Express Inverness, 903 E Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto FL34461. If you have any questions, please call Janet at (352) 795-3149.
- 8/15 – Mixer. Grand Living at Citrus Hills is our Host. Grand Living at Citrus Hills, 850 W Norvell Bryant Hwy, HernandoFL34442. 5 pm to 7 pm.
Scheduled Events by City:
- 7/15 – CareerSource CLM Mobile Unit. The bus is open 10-noon and 1-3:30. No charge for services! Lakes Region Library Grounds. Your Employment Solution Starts Here.
- 7/18 – Brian Mccullough: A Night with Roy Orbison. Old Courthouse Heritage Museum, 1 Courthouse Square, Inverness 6-9 pm. Appetizers and a cash bar are available. Any questions, call 352-341-6428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7/20 – Elvis 68 to Hawaii. Citrus County Auditorium, 3610 S Florida Ave, Inverness. The fifth and final show of the 2019 Summer Festival. For more information go to elvisthesummerfestival.com
- 8/3 – “Celebrate America” With the Citrus Community Concert Choir. 3-4:30 pm at the First Presbyterian Church, 206 Washington Ave, Inverness. Admission available at the door is $10 for adults, students admitted free. For additional information, call 352-634-3927 or visit citruschoir.com.
- 8/3 – Pine Street Jam. 212 W Main St, Inverness. From 5-9 pm the downtown is transformed into a Margaritaville-themed street party with live music. Check out the local restaurant pub specials and a parrot themed crawl, ugliest Hawaiian shirt contest, games and more.
- 7/17 – Geocaching Basics and Hunt for Beginners. 9:00 am – 10:30 am Fort Cooper State Park, 3100 Old Floral City Rd, Inverness. Come learn the basics of geocaching and see how much fun you will have looking for those “hidden treasurers”. Wear close-toed shoes, sunscreen and bring water. Park entry: $3/vehicle (up to 8 people). For more information, email: Penny.Wilson@FloridaDep.gov or Tyler.Byrd@Florida Dep.gov for further information.
- 7/24 – Photo Scavenger Hunt. 9:00 am – 10:30 am Fort Cooper State Park. For more information, call 352-726-0315.
- 7/27 – Stevie Nicks Experience. Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W Citrus Springs Blvd, Citrus Springs. Doors open at 6. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $13. For more information or for purchase of tickets, call Parks and Recreation at 352-527-7540.
- 7/31 – “Summer Stage” Open Mic Night. This is a free event, recurring the last Wednesday of the month through summer. All ages welcome so no profanity please. For more information, contact Parks and Recreation office at 352-527-7540
- 8/9 – AARP Smart Driver Course. Community Room at the Central Ridge Library. Open to the Public. 10 am to 3:30 pm.
- 8/3 – “Coffee and Conversation” and The Citrus Exhibit. 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm at the Historic Hernando School, 2415 N Florida Ave, Hernando. This is a Free program but please still reserve a seat if you plan to attend at cccourthouse.org For more information, call 352-341-6428
- 7/15 – Family Sundae Monday! Join us at the Homosassa Library in celebrating National Ice Cream Day by enjoying some ice cream (while supplies last), and some ice cream themed activities while watching Warner Brother’s “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” starring Johnny Depp. Rated PG. from 3 to 5:30 pm.
- 7/16 – Preventing Identity Theft Workshop. 10 am to Noon. Atlas Insurance Services. 4556 S Suncoast Blvd. RSVP to 352-621-0140 Free open to the public.
- 7/30 – Will Workshop. Free Will seminar open to the Public. 10 am to Noon at 4556 S Suncoast Blvd. Limited Seating, please RSVP to 478-447-7591.
- 8/6 – Assignment of Benefits Seminar – What You Need to Know Before you sign paperwork from a contractor! Free Public Information Seminar. Call 352-621-0140 for more information.
- 8/4 – “Celebrate America” With the Citrus Community Concert Choir. 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm at the Faith Lutheran Church, 935 S Crystal Glen Dr, Lecanto. Admission available at the door is $10 for adults, students admitted free. For additional information, call 352-634-3927 or visit http://www.citruschoir.com.
- 7/19 – Reach for the Stars Dinner Auction. The Key Training Center kicks off the Run for the Money with the Reach for the Stars dinner auction, to be celebrated. The event features exciting entertainment, an open bar, a silent auction, and a live auction. 5521 W Buster Whitton Way Crystal River, FL 34429. Contact the Key Training Center Foundation, 795-5541 Ext. 312 or email@example.com for more information.
- 7/27 & 7/28 – Scallop Festival. 10:00 am – 7:00 pm Kings Bay Park, 268 NW 3rd St, Crystal River. $5 entry with 12 and under FREE!
Tuesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Lollygagger’s Sports Pub & Grill, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, The Cove Pub & Grub
Wednesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Kelly’s Half-Shell Pub, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Two Deuces
Thursdays: Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mango Tango’s, Mickey’s Bar, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, The Shed at MacRae’s,
Fridays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Crump’s Landing, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mango Tango’s, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Company, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Saturdays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Crump’s Landing, Gator Cove, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Hot Shotz, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Co., Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Pine Street Pub, Seagrass Waterfront, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Sundays: Blue Gator, Crump’s Landing, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Cove Pub & Grub, The Shed at MacRae’s