November/December 2019 Events
Thanksgiving – Nov 28
- Citrus Fishing Club – Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm at the American Legion Post 155, 6585 W Gulf to Lake Hwy. Call 352-563-9928 for more info.
- Family Night. Are you ready for some family fun? There is something for everyone to enjoy during family night at the library. 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Floral City Library Program Room.
- Crystal River City Council Meeting. Second and Fourth Monday of the month. For information, visit http://www.crystalriverfl.org
- Radiant Ridge Toastmasters. The Toastmasters are meeting on the second, fourth, and fifth Mondays from 5:15 pm to 6:45 pm at the central ridge Library on 425 W Roosevelt Blvd, Beverly Hills. The contact phone is 352 613-5056
- Yang Tai Chi (short form) classes every Monday morning with Elaine Seissler at Whispering Pines City Park (Pavilion) 1700 Forest Drive, Inverness 34450 from 9 am to 10 am.
- Inverness City Council Meeting. Monthly on the first & third Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Citrus County Kennel Club meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month @Angelo’s Pizza @7:00-9:00 P. M.
- Citrus County BOCC Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. at the Citrus County Courthouse.
- Free Medicare Plan Checkup at Atlas Insurance Services. New Plans are here for 2020. Stop by for a prescription drug lookup each Tuesday and make sure you aren’t paying too much! 4556 S Suncoast Blvd Homosassa 34446. Call 352-621-0140 to reserve an appointment time, or just come on by.
- Chassahowitzka Community Association Game Day. The Chassahowitzka Community Association will hold a game day on each 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 10300 S Riviera Dr., Chassahowitzka. For more information contact Marylin Simpson at (260) 563-1465.
- Education for the Future Committee. Monthly on the third Wednesday. CCBA Headquarters.
- Historic Downtown Inverness Walking Tour. Tours are on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. For more information or to reserve your spot, call (352)341-6428
- Sew Cool Sewing Workshop. Come to the Old Homosassa Learning Center every Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00. This class is open to adults at any sewing level. Sewing machines, ironing boards, and fabric available for use. All classes at the Learning Center are free of charge! 10950 W Yulee Drive Homosassa.
- Trekking Thursdays. Bird Walk at Fort Cooper State Park. 8:30 am -10 am.
- Citrus Shrine Club – All Shriners, Masons, family and friends are invited to the Shrine Club Potluck Socials held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 468 N Woodlake Ave, Inverness. Call 352-793-9470 for more info.
- Citrus Springs Civic Association – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7:00 pm Meetings are at the Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W. Citrus Springs Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Please bring a few canned items for a local pantry.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Homosassa meets first Thursday of each month 6:30 pm at VFW Cootie bldg. on Veterans drive in Homosassa. AmVets is a national organization.
- The Kiwanis Club of West Citrus meets every Thursday at Oysters Restaurant in Crystal River at Noon.
- VITAS Healthcare Afternoon Tea – 2pm – 4pm Weekly on Friday. For more information, call 352-527-2020 or visit vitas.com
- Citrus County Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7:30 am – 2 pm on Fridays. Come out and find that item you have been looking for.
- The Knit Wits of Homosassa. Join the Knits Wits of Homosassa at the Homosassa Public Library on Fridays from 1 – 3 pm for a happy, relaxed afternoon of knitting, crocheting, or just visiting. Newcomers are welcome to join the group, whether you are a novice or a master. Contact: Cathy @ 352-382-2864.
- Friday Night Thunder. Cars and trucks from all decades assemble from 5 pm to 7 pm in Courthouse Square in downtown Inverness on the third Friday of every month. Contact 352-341-1165 for more information
- South Levy Marketplace – 4th Saturday of the month. 9 am to Noon beside the Inglis Town Hall on Hwy 40 W.
- Indoor Arts & Crafts Market held the 2nd weekend of each month at the Crystal River Mall. Market is Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 4 and a portion of each participating dealers fee is donated to 2 local charities … The Citrus County Blessings Program and The Mission of Citrus. Anyone interested can contact Linda Sojka at 352-302-1084 or email email@example.com
- WCDC Meeting is on the second Saturday of each month. All interested Democrats are invited to attend. For More info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Antique Vintage Market & Music Festival. Every 4th weekend of the month. 3591 Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, 34460. Call 352-586-0480 for more info.
- Herry’s Market Day. The outdoor flea market features a variety of merchandise on the 2nd Saturday of each month at 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane, Homosassa. Call 352-249-1470 for more info.
- The Spirit of Citrus Dancers, USA Dance Chapter 6072, cordially invites the public to join in the joy of dancing on the first and third Saturdays of the month. For more information, please call JoAnn at 352-746-4274 or visit their web site at http://www.socdancer.org.
- Bullitt Classic Cars Cruise-In is held on the last Saturday of the month at 8690 S Florida Ave in Floral City. The event time is 10 am till 1pm. Free donuts and coffee. A friendly gathering of car enthusiasts open to All makes and Models.
- Citrus County Cars and Coffee Cruise- In. Cattle Dog Coffee Roasters in Hernando will host a Last Sunday of the month auto show, time is 8am till 11am, open to ALL makes and models.
- Drum Circle. The Drum circle meets at Fort Island Gulf beach every second Sunday of the month, approximately 2 hours before sunset.
CARDS & BINGO!!
- TOO FAR Water & Natural Resource hosts BINGO every Monday Afternoon at Point O’Woods, 9228 E. Gospel Island Rd, Inverness. Call Pat at 352-419-8030 for more information.
- VFW Post 4337 Hosts BINGO every Thursday at 3 pm and Wednesday at 6 pm. 906 Hwy 41 E, Inverness. Call 352-344-3495 for details.
- Homosassa Lions Club hosts BINGO every Monday Night! Doors open at 4 for dinner provided by the kitchen for a good price! Games start at 6 at 8405 Homosassa Trail.
- The American Legion Post #166 in Homosassa hosts Show Me the Flag Thursdays from 3-5, Bingo on Fridays from 12-3 with early bird games starting at 11:30 am. 4520 S Suncoast Blvd Homosassa Square Shopping Center.
- Show me the money! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month come out to Kellner Auditorium from 6-8 pm for Combination of Cards & Bingo. Call Barbara at 352-513-5169 for more information.
- Floral City Lions Club hosts BINGO every Wednesday at the Floral City Community Building 8730 E Orange Ave, Floral City. Quarter Bingo starts at 4 pm and regular bingo at 6 pm. Refreshments available.
- 11/14 – Pan’s Labyrinth (R) Foreign/Subtitles
- 11/16 – The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (PG-13)
- 11/17 – The Thomas Crown Affair (R)
- 11/22 – E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (PG)
- 11/24 – Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (NR)
- 12/7 – The Ditchfield Family Singers, (two shows)
- 12/3 – ELF (PG)
Scheduled Events by City:
- 11/19 – CareerSource Mobile Unit. Job resources available at Lakes Region Library from 9 am to 3:30 pm.
- 11/20 – Inverness Walks. For reservations and more information, call (352) 341-6428. *All proceeds benefit the exhibition, programs, and operations of the Inverness Cultural Heritage Council at the Old Courthouse Heritage Museum.
- 11/22 & 11/23– 24th Annual Citrus Stampede Rodeo. For more information call the Citrus Stampede Rodeo at (352) 564-4525 or the 4-H office at (352) 527-5700.
- 12/13 – Old Fashioned Christmas. Historic downtown Inverness is transformed into an old-fashioned Christmas scene with a 22-foot Christmas tree on the Valerie Plaza and glowing lights around the Old Courthouse Heritage Museum. Santa and Mrs. Clause will visit with children. Food trucks, merchants and choir begin at 5 p.m. Weather report calls for snow this evening. For more information call the Inverness Visitors Bureau at (352) 341-7820.
- 12/14 – Christmas Parade. 12-2 pm, This year’s parade will be, starting on SR 44 near Montgomery Ave and goes toward the downtown area to turn right on Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. For more information or Registration, call the Chamber at 352-795-3149
- 11/17 – Campfire Tales by Lake Holathlikaha. Fort Cooper State Park, 3100 Old Floral City Rd, Inverness. All ages are welcome. For more information, call 352-726-0315.
- 12/13 – 12/15 – Nights Of Lights. Ft Cooper State Park 6 -8:30 pm. For more information, call 352-726-0315
- 12/10 – Lunch and Learn. 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM at Art Center of Hernando 2644 N. Annapolis Ave., Hernando, Florida 34442. There will an entertaining presentation by motivational speaker, Michele Conley. It is titled ” A Funny Look at Women of a Certain Age”.
- 12/12 – New York Club Luncheon. Citrus Hills Country Club in Hernando in the Hampton Room. All are Welcomed.! You do not have to be a New Yorker to join us! Please contact Marie @ 845-667-2900 for details.
- 11/27 – Stage Under the Stars. Citrus County Parks and Recreation is hosting an Outdoor Open Mic Night on the last Wednesday of the fall months at 952 Lake Beverly Drive! Call 352-527-7540 for details.
- 12/13 – Movie in The Park: The Polar Express. Prior to the movie there will be Tree-Trimming from 2pm-5pm. The $20 fee for the decorating of these trees will benefit local families in need. For more information, or to adopt your tree (by December 2), call the Parks & Rec Division at 352-527-7540.
- 11/16 – Absolute QUEEN. Citrus County Parks and Recreation present ABSOLUTE QUEEN, the ultimate Queen Tribute Band, at the Citrus Springs Community Center! Doors open at 6. Tickets can be purchased at the Parks and Recreation Administration Office, 2804 W Marc Knighton Ct. Lecanto, FL. 34461
- 11/9 & 10 – Old Homosassa Arts, Crafts & Seafood Festival.
- 11/16 – NCFOB Music Concert Series. Nature Coast Friends of Blues concert series runs October thru April. Concerts are held the third Saturday of each month from 1-4 p.m. behind The Museum Cafe where our artists perform on the porch of the Chauffeur’s Cabin. For more information, call the Museum Cafe at 352-628-1081
- 11/16 & 17 – “Art in the Wildlife Park”. 9:00 am – 5:30 All ages are welcome to this indoor event at the park visitor center located on U.S. 19. Wander among the displays offered by talented local watercolor artists. Contact email@example.com for more info.
- 11/18 – Homosassa River Garden Club Meeting. 9:30 AM, at The First United Methodist Church of Homosassa, Room 113 located at 8831 W Bradshaw Street. For further information, contact Carole at 352 586-9506 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11/20 – Beginning Tai Chi for Seniors. A low-impact exercise from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Community Room of the Homosassa Library.
- 11/23 – Manatee Adoption Drive. Looking for an interesting holiday gift for that someone that has everything? Stop by Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park on Saturday, November 23, for our Manatee Adoption Day and “adopt” a manatee. Adoptions will take place from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- 11/30 – Monthly Bird Walk. Walk the Trail at Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park with an experienced birder from Citrus County Audubon. 7:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the entrance to the park’s Visitor Center.
- 11/16 – CCDBC Meeting. The Citrus County Democratic Black Caucus will meet at 12 noon, at Oysters Restaurant, 606 N.E. Highway 19, Crystal River, 34429. For more information, please call 352-212-2665.
- 11/23 – CCBA Citrus Home & Garden Show. Doors open at 9 am at the Crystal River National Guard Armory.
- 11/23 – 7 Bridges: The Ultimate EAGLES Experience. Doors open at 6 show starts at 7. Rock Crusher Canyon. Call 352-746-9596 for details.
- 11/30 – Ozello 14th Annual Arts, Crafts, and Blue Crab Festival. Plan on doing some holiday shopping and enjoying an old Florida style festival from 9 am to 4 pm. Call 904-613-5474 for details.
- 12/6 – Visit Who-ville from 3-9 in Downtown Crystal River.
- 12/7 – Christmas Parade. The Chamber invites you to take part in our annual Christmas Parades. This year’s theme is “A Florida Christmas” and the parade will run through downtown Crystal River from Citrus Avenue to Paradise Point from 6-9 pm. For more information, call 352-795-3149.
- 12/7 – Citrus Shrine Club Bluegrass Festival. 11 – 5 at Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park. Proceeds will benefit the Shriners Hospitals. Unwrapped toys for Shriners’ Children are greatly appreciated. For more information contact: 352-422-0951 or 352-400-221.
- 12/15 – Head to King’s Bay to see Santa & his Paddling Elves Parade. If paddling isn’t your thing, you can be the audience and enjoy viewing this unique holiday spectacle from any of the following locations… Pier at Kings Bay Park – Crab Plant – Dockside Ice Cream – Charlie’s – Crackers – Pete’s Pier (side facing Crackers) – Hunter Springs Park – and all residential homes within these general areas
Crystal River Boat Parade – 12/21
Tuesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Lollygagger’s Sports Pub & Grill, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, The Cove Pub & Grub, The Monkey Bar & Grill
Wednesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Kelly’s Half-Shell Pub, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Two Deuces
Thursdays: Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mango Tango’s, Mickey’s Bar, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, The Shed at MacRae’s,
Fridays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Burkes of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mango Tango’s, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Company, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Monkey Bar & Grill, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Saturdays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Burke’s of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Gator Cove, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Hot Shotz, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Co., Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Pine Street Pub, Seagrass Waterfront, The Monkey Bar & Grill, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Sundays: Blue Gator, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Cove Pub & Grub, The Monkey Bar & Grill, The Shed at MacRae’s