September/October 2019 Events
Scallop Season Closes on September 24th
- Citrus Fishing Club – Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm at the American Legion Post 155, 6585 W Gulf to Lake Hwy. Call 352-563-9928 for more info.
- Family Night. Are you ready for some family fun? There is something for everyone to enjoy during family night at the library. 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Floral City Library Program Room.
- Crystal River City Council Meeting. Second and Fourth Monday of the month. For information, visit http://www.crystalriverfl.org
- Radiant Ridge Toastmasters. The Toastmasters are meeting on the second, fourth, and fifth Mondays from 5:15 pm to 6:45 pm at the central ridge Library on 425 W Roosevelt Blvd, Beverly Hills. The contact phone is 352 613-5056
- Yang Tai Chi (short form) classes every Monday morning with Elaine Seissler at Whispering Pines City Park (Pavilion) 1700 Forest Drive, Inverness 34450 from 9 am to 10 am.
- Open Kickball 6-9 p.m. on Field #5 through October 15th at Bicentennial Field in Crystal River. For more Information call 352-527-7540.
- Inverness City Council Meeting. Monthly on the first & third Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Citrus County BOCC Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. at the Citrus County Courthouse.
- Free Public Workshop at Atlas Insurance Services. Enjoy a different topic each Tuesday from 10 am to Noon at 4556 S Suncoast Blvd Homosassa 34446. Limited Seating. For topic schedule and to RSVP call 352-610-0140.
- Chassahowitzka Community Association Game Day. The Chassahowitzka Community Association will hold a game day on each 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 10300 S Riviera Dr., Chassahowitzka. For more information contact Marylin Simpson at (260) 563-1465.
- Education for the Future Committee. Monthly on the third Wednesday. CCBA Headquarters.
- Historic Downtown Inverness Walking Tour. Tours are on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. For more information or to reserve your spot, call (352)341-6428
- Sew Cool Sewing Workshop. Come to the Old Homosassa Learning Center every Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00. This class is open to adults at any sewing level. Sewing machines, ironing boards, and fabric available for use. All classes at the Learning Center are free of charge! 10950 W Yulee Drive Homosassa.
- Citrus Shrine Club – All Shriners, Masons, family and friends are invited to the Shrine Club Potluck Socials held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 468 N Woodlake Ave, Inverness. Call 352-793-9470 for more info.
- Citrus Springs Civic Association – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7:00 pm Meetings are at the Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W. Citrus Springs Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Please bring a few canned items for a local pantry.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Homosassa meets first Thursday of each month 6:30 pm at VFW Cootie bldg. on Veterans drive in Homosassa. AmVets is a national organization.
- The Kiwanis Club of West Citrus meets every Thursday at Oysters Restaurant in Crystal River at Noon.
- VITAS Healthcare Afternoon Tea – 2pm – 4pm Weekly on Friday. For more information, call 352-527-2020 or visit vitas.com
- Citrus County Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7:30 am – 2 pm on Fridays. Come out and find that item you have been looking for.
- The Knit Wits of Homosassa. Join the Knits Wits of Homosassa at the Homosassa Public Library on Fridays from 1 – 3 pm for a happy, relaxed afternoon of knitting, crocheting, or just visiting. Newcomers are welcome to join the group, whether you are a novice or a master. Contact: Nancy Zembruski at firstname.lastname@example.org (352) 503-6400
- Friday Night Thunder. Cars and trucks from all decades assemble from 5 pm to 7 pm in Courthouse Square in downtown Inverness on the third Friday of every month. Contact 352-341-1165 for more information
- South Levy Marketplace – 4th Saturday of the month. 9 am to Noon beside the Inglis Town Hall on Hwy 40 W.
- Indoor Arts & Crafts Market held the 2nd weekend of each month at the Crystal River Mall. Market is Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 4 and a portion of each participating dealers fee is donated to 2 local charities … The Citrus County Blessings Program and The Mission of Citrus. Anyone interested can contact Linda Sojka at 352-302-1084 or email email@example.com
- WCDC Meeting is on the second Saturday of each month. All interested Democrats are invited to attend. For More info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Antique Vintage Market & Music Festival. Every 4th weekend of the month. 3591 Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, 34460. Call 352-586-0480 for more info.
- Herry’s Market Day. The outdoor flea market features a variety of merchandise on the 2nd Saturday of each month at 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane, Homosassa. Call 352-249-1470 for more info.
- The Spirit of Citrus Dancers, USA Dance Chapter 6072, cordially invites the public to join in the joy of dancing on the first and third Saturdays of the month. For more information, please call JoAnn at 352-746-4274 or visit their web site at http://www.socdancer.org.
- Bullitt Classic Cars Cruise-In is held on the last Saturday of the month at 8690 S Florida Ave in Floral City. The event time is 10 am till 1pm. Free donuts and coffee. A friendly gathering of car enthusiasts open to All makes and Models.
- Citrus County Cars and Coffee Cruise- In. Cattle Dog Coffee Roasters in Hernando will host a Last Sunday of the month auto show, time is 8am till 11am, open to ALL makes and models.
CARDS & BINGO!!
- TOO FAR Water & Natural Resource hosts BINGO every Monday Afternoon at Point O’Woods, 9228 E. Gospel Island Rd, Inverness. Call Pat at 352-419-8030 for more information.
- VFW Post 4337 Hosts BINGO every Thursday at 3 pm and Wednesday at 6 pm. 906 Hwy 41 E, Inverness. Call 352-344-3495 for details.
- Homosassa Lions Club hosts BINGO every Monday Night! Doors open at 4 for dinner provided by the kitchen for a good price! Games start at 6 at 8405 Homosassa Trail.
- The American Legion Post #166 in Homosassa hosts Show Me the Flag Thursdays from 3-5, Bingo on Fridays from 12-3 with early bird games starting at 11:30 am. 4520 S Suncoast Blvd Homosassa Square Shopping Center.
- Show me the money! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month come out to Kellner Auditorium from 6-8 pm for Combination of Cards & Bingo. Call Barbara at 352-513-5169 for more information.
- Floral City Lions Club hosts BINGO every Wednesday at the Floral City Community Building 8730 E Orange Ave, Floral City. Quarter Bingo starts at 4 pm and regular bingo at 6 pm. Refreshments available.
- 9/22 – The Hunt for Red October (PG)
- 9/29 – The Pink Panther (NR)
- 10/04 – Jerry Maguire (R)
- 10/06 – The Producers (PG)
- 10/13 – Mrs. Doubtfire (PG-13)
Citrus County Chamber Events:
- 9/26 – Mixer. Mike Scott Plumbing is our Host. Grand Living at Citrus Hills, 850 W Norvell Bryant Hwy, HernandoFL34442. 5 pm to 7 pm.
- 9/28 – 2019 BWA Health Expo. Attendance is FREE and open to the public. The Chamber’s popular Health returns to the National Guard Armory from 9 am to 1 pm. Call Janet @ 352-795-3149 for more information.
- 10/3 – Fire Up Citrus! Doors open at 6:00 p.m. at Valerie Theatre with Fire Up Citrus! starting promptly at 6:30 p.m, Let’s get FIRED UP!
- 10/10 – Ambassador Monthly Meeting. If you are a Chamber member and want to learn more about being an Ambassador, please attend this meeting. If you have any questions, please call Janet at (352) 795-3149.
- 10/11 – Chamber Luncheon. September luncheon is at Black Diamond Ranch from 11:30 to 1 pm. Salute to Business. Please Register for this luncheon by Oct 8th.
Scheduled Events by City:
- 9/18 – Roaring into the 20’s. The Valerie Theatre will transform into a jazz-era dance hall from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm., with live music by the Jazz Daddy Os. Party like its 1919 in your 1920s cocktail attire. Free and open to the public. This grand event is set for the actual date of the City’s 100-year anniversary.
- 9/19 – Motown Concert. Greta Pope & The Spaniels will perform at the Old Courthouse Heritage Museum at 6 pm. Any questions, call 352-341-6428 or email email@example.com
- 9/28 – Save A Heart 5K. Event is from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at Whispering Pines Park. Call Carmen Hernandez for more info. 352-513-6072. Register to participate at http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SaveAHeart5k
- 10/6 – Withlacoochee 25th Annual Bike Ride. Registration Information can be located at http://www.rttwst.org
- 9/20 – Book Share. Do you love books and talking about them? Come to Book Share and join the lively conversation! Meet others with the same passion for reading and swap book suggestions and reviews. Floral City Library 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 9/28 – Hike with a Ranger. Fort Cooper State Park, 3100 Old Floral City Rd, Inverness. All ages are welcome. For more information, call 352-726-0315.
- 9/20 – AARP Smart Driver Course. While the class is geared towards drivers age 50 and over, all licensed drivers are welcomed in the class. There are NO tests. When you take the AARP Smart Driver Course, you could be eligible for a multi-year discount on your auto insurance. Central Ridge Library 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 9/28 – Meet the Author. Join us in welcoming New York Times best-selling author Tim Dorsey to our library system. Central Ridge Library 425 W Roosevelt Blvd, Beverly Hills. For more information, call (352) 746-6622.
- 9/28 – Doors Tribute Concert. Tickets are $13. Doors open at 6pm. Show starts at 7pm. 1570 W Citrus Springs Blvd, Citrus Springs 34434. For more information, or to purchase tickets, call Parks and Recreation at 352-527-7540.
- 10/7 – Climate Change Talk. There will be an informative presentation on the effects of climate change on our Florida coastline. The presentation begins at 6:30 PM at the Universalist Unitarians Fellowship,7633 N Florida Ave, Citrus Springs. This event is sponsored by the UU and the League of Women Voters of Citrus County. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9/17 – Open House. Atlas Insurance Services invites you to visit their new office and enjoy Free hot dogs, chips and a drink from 11 am to 1 pm at 4556 S Suncoast Blvd Homosassa.
- 9/28 – National Public Lands Day. The event at Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park is free to attend, however, regular park admission applies to get into the park. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 10/3 – Citizenship Classes. This five-week series will teach learners the basic knowledge needed to pass the U.S. Naturalization Exam. Community Room at Homosassa Library from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 10/4 – Travel Club. The Rotary Club of Sugarmill Woods recently formed a new Travel Club. Those interested may RSVP by September 27 to email@example.com or call Kate @ 614-563-4282. The club is open to anyone who enjoys traveling. The first get together is at 5:30 pm at the Sugarmill Woods Country Club, 1 Douglas Street, Homosassa.
- 10/19 – Monthly Bird Walk. Walk the Trail at Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park with an experienced birder from Citrus County Audubon. 7:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the entrance to the park’s Visitor Center.
- 9/21 – CCDBC Meeting. The Citrus County Democratic Black Caucus will meet at 12 noon, at Oysters Restaurant, 606 N.E. Highway 19, Crystal River. All registered Democrats are welcome to attend. For more information call, 352-212-2665.
- 10/5 – Oktoberfest. 10 AM – 7 PM. Rock Crusher Pavilion 275 S Rock Crusher Road Crystal River. FREE Parking, $5 Entry ~ 12 and under FREE. Information and Vendor Application at: http://www.bestfloridafest.com
- 10/8 – LWVCC Meeting. 10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Community Room of the Coastal Region Library.
- 10/12 – Scarecrow Fest.m. to 7 p.m. on the grounds of Heritage Village on Citrus Ave in Downtown Crystal River.
- 10/17 – 2019 BAM BBQ
- 10/19 – Diva Night.
- 10/19 – Joe Nichols Live at Rock Crusher Canyon.
- 10/25 – Cooter Fest
- 11/2 – Festival of the Arts
- 11/2 – Blues & BBQ
- 11/2 – Stone Crab Jam
- 11/9 – Dragon Boat Festival
- 11/9 & 11/10 – Old Homosassa Arts, Crafts & Seafood Festival
Tuesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Lollygagger’s Sports Pub & Grill, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, The Cove Pub & Grub, The Monkey Bar & Grill
Wednesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Kelly’s Half-Shell Pub, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Two Deuces
Thursdays: Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mango Tango’s, Mickey’s Bar, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, The Shed at MacRae’s,
Fridays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Burkes of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Crump’s Landing, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mango Tango’s, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Company, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Monkey Bar & Grill, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Saturdays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Burke’s of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Crump’s Landing, Gator Cove, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Hot Shotz, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Co., Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Pine Street Pub, Seagrass Waterfront, Sleepy Hollow, The Monkey Bar & Grill, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Sundays: Blue Gator, Crump’s Landing, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Cove Pub & Grub, The Monkey Bar & Grill, The Shed at MacRae’s