February/March 2020 Events
- Homosassa River Garden Club meets on the 3rd Monday of each month. Meetings start at 9 am in room 113 of The First United Methodist Church of Homosassa located at 8831 W Bradshaw Street.
- Citrus Fishing Club – Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm at the American Legion Post 155, 6585 W Gulf to Lake Hwy. Call 352-563-9928 for more info.
- Family Night. Are you ready for some family fun? There is something for everyone to enjoy during family night at the library. 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Floral City Library Program Room.
- Crystal River City Council Meeting. Second and Fourth Monday of the month. For information, visit http://www.crystalriverfl.org
- Radiant Ridge Toastmasters. The Toastmasters are meeting on the second, fourth, and fifth Mondays from 5:15 pm to 6:45 pm at the central ridge Library on 425 W Roosevelt Blvd, Beverly Hills. The contact phone is 352 613-5056
- Yang Tai Chi (short form) classes every Monday morning with Elaine Seissler at Whispering Pines City Park (Pavilion) 1700 Forest Drive, Inverness 34450 from 9 am to 10 am.
- Inverness City Council Meeting. Monthly on the first & third Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Citrus County Kennel Club meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month @Angelo’s Pizza @7:00-9:00 P. M.
- Citrus County BOCC Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. at the Citrus County Courthouse.
- Chassahowitzka Community Association Game Day. The Chassahowitzka Community Association will hold a game day on each 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 10300 S Riviera Dr., Chassahowitzka. For more information contact Marylin Simpson at (260) 563-1465.
- Education for the Future Committee. Monthly on the third Wednesday. CCBA Headquarters.
- Historic Downtown Inverness Walking Tour. Tours are on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. For more information or to reserve your spot, call (352)341-6428
- Sew Cool Sewing Workshop. Come to the Old Homosassa Learning Center every Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00. This class is open to adults at any sewing level. Sewing machines, ironing boards, and fabric available for use. All classes at the Learning Center are free of charge! 10950 W Yulee Drive Homosassa.
- Trekking Thursdays. Bird Walk at Fort Cooper State Park. 8:30 am -10 am.
- Citrus Shrine Club – All Shriners, Masons, family and friends are invited to the Shrine Club Potluck Socials held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 468 N Woodlake Ave, Inverness. Call 352-793-9470 for more info.
- Citrus Springs Civic Association – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7:00 pm Meetings are at the Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W. Citrus Springs Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Please bring a few canned items for a local pantry.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Homosassa meets first Thursday of each month 6:30 pm at VFW Cootie bldg. on Veterans drive in Homosassa. AmVets is a national organization.
- The Kiwanis Club of West Citrus meets every Thursday at The Plantation in Crystal River at Noon.
- VITAS Healthcare Afternoon Tea – 2pm – 4pm Weekly on Friday. For more information, call 352-527-2020 or visit vitas.com
- Citrus County Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7:30 am – 2 pm on Fridays. Come out and find that item you have been looking for.
- The Knit Wits of Homosassa. Join the Knits Wits of Homosassa at the Homosassa Public Library on Fridays from 1 – 3 pm for a happy, relaxed afternoon of knitting, crocheting, or just visiting. Newcomers are welcome to join the group, whether you are a novice or a master. Contact: Cathy @ 352-382-2864.
- Friday Night Thunder. Cars and trucks from all decades assemble from 5 pm to 7 pm in Courthouse Square in downtown Inverness on the third Friday of every month. Contact 352-341-1165 for more information
- South Levy Marketplace – 4th Saturday of the month. 9 am to Noon beside the Inglis Town Hall on Hwy 40 W.
- Indoor Arts & Crafts Market held the 2nd weekend of each month at the Crystal River Mall. Market is Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 4 and a portion of each participating dealers fee is donated to 2 local charities … The Citrus County Blessings Program and The Mission of Citrus. Anyone interested can contact Linda Sojka at 352-302-1084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democratic Club of Citrus County Meeting is on the second Saturday of each month at their office in the Crystal River Mall at 1 pm. All interested Democrats are invited to attend. For More info, call 352-794-6781.
- Antique Vintage Market & Music Festival. Every 4th weekend of the month. 3591 Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, 34460. Call 352-586-0480 for more info.
- Herry’s Market Day. The outdoor flea market features a variety of merchandise on the 2nd Saturday of each month at 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane, Homosassa. Call 352-249-1470 for more info.
- The Spirit of Citrus Dancers, USA Dance Chapter 6072, cordially invites the public to join in the joy of dancing on the first and third Saturdays of the month. For more information, please call JoAnn at 352-746-4274 or visit their web site at http://www.socdancer.org.
- Bullitt Classic Cars Cruise-In is held on the last Saturday of the month at 8690 S Florida Ave in Floral City. The event time is 10 am till 1pm. Free donuts and coffee. A friendly gathering of car enthusiasts open to All makes and Models.
- Citrus County Cars and Coffee Cruise- In. Cattle Dog Coffee Roasters in Hernando will host a Last Sunday of the month auto show, time is 8am till 11am, open to ALL makes and models.
- Drum Circle. The Drum circle meets at Fort Island Gulf beach every second Sunday of the month, approximately 2 hours before sunset.
CARDS & BINGO!!
- TOO FAR Water & Natural Resource hosts BINGO every Monday Afternoon at Point O’Woods, 9228 E. Gospel Island Rd, Inverness. Call Pat at 352-419-8030 for more information.
- VFW Post 4337 Hosts BINGO every Thursday at 3 pm and Wednesday at 6 pm. 906 Hwy 41 E, Inverness. Call 352-344-3495 for details.
- Homosassa Lions Club hosts BINGO every Monday Night! Doors open at 4 for dinner provided by the kitchen for a good price! Games start at 6 at 8405 Homosassa Trail.
- The American Legion Post #166 in Homosassa hosts Show Me the Flag Thursdays from 3-5, Bingo on Fridays from 12-3 with early bird games starting at 11:30 am. 4520 S Suncoast Blvd Homosassa Square Shopping Center.
- Show me the money! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month come out to Kellner Auditorium from 6-8 pm for Combination of Cards & Bingo. Call Barbara at 352-513-5169 for more information.
- Floral City Lions Club hosts BINGO every Wednesday at the Floral City Community Building 8730 E Orange Ave, Floral City. Quarter Bingo starts at 4 pm and regular bingo at 6 pm. Refreshments available.
- 2/20 – Life is Beautiful (PG-13)
- 2/23 – Patriot Games (R)
- 3/01 – His Girl Friday (PG)
- 3/07 – Bengt Washburn LIVE – 2 shows 3pm and 7:30 pm
- 3/14 – Calendar Girls (PG-13)
- 3/19 – Amour (PG-13) Foreign Film Night (subtitles)
Citrus County Chamber Events:
- 2/20 – Mixer. Join us for our February Mixer at the Nine State Brewery, 200 Tompkins St Inverness. 5-7pm.
Scheduled Events by City:
- 2/20 – Music at The Museum. Greta Pope. For more information call 352.341.6428 or go online to cccourthouse.org.
- 2/25 – Book Lecture Series. Frank Joliff, 7:30 pm at the Valerie Theatre, “362 and A Wake Up: My Year in Vietnam”.
- 3/02 – Quilting Class. March classes are every Monday starting with March 2nd through March 30th. 10 am to 3 pm at Whispering Pines Park Recreation building. $65 per person for 5-week class, call 352-726-3913 for details.
- 3/06 -3/10 – Annual Spring Mega Book Sale. Support our Library System. Sale begins Friday night at the Citrus County Auditorium in Inverness.
- 3/10 – LWVCC Annual Meeting. The event starts at 6:00 PM, at Cattle Dog, 210B Tomkins St., Inverness. For more info please call 425-786-6012 or visit the website: lwvcitrus.org.
- 3/14 – Inverness St Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival. Downtown Inverness, Parade starts at 6:30 pm.
- 3/21 – Inverness Big Bass Classic. $85.00 Entry Fee per Angler. Free for Spectators. Call (352) 341-7820 for details.
- 3/07 & 08 – 33rd Annual Floral City Strawberry Festival. For details call 352-795-3149 or go to GoStrawberryFest.com
- 3/05 – Coffee and Conversations Speaker Series Continues. David Schmidt presents “The Legacy of Franklin Roosevelt’s WPA in Florida” 7-8:30 pm at the Historic Hernando School. Call 352-341-6436 for details.
- 3/12 – New York Club Luncheon. Citrus Hills Country Club in Hernando in the Hampton Room. All are Welcomed.! You do not have to be a New Yorker to join us! Please contact Marie @ 845-667-2900 for details.
- 3/14 – Almost AHBA in Concert. Citrus Springs Community Center. Doors open at 6 pm and show starts at 7. For more info, please call (352) 527-7540.
- 2/26 – Open Mic Night. Citrus County Parks and Recreation presents Open Mic Night on the last Wednesday of every month (no event held in March due to Spring Break). Central Ridge Community Center. 6:30 to 9:30 pm. Call 352-527-7540 for details.
- 2/23 – 13th Annual African American Read In. 2:30 to 4:30 pm at the Citrus Learning and Conference Center of the CF. Call 352-746-6721 for details.
- 2/22 – NCFOB Music Concert Series. 1 pm to 5 pm at the Olde Mill Gallery & Printing Museum Café. 10466 W Yulee Dr, Homosassa. Call 352-628-1081 for details.
- 3/14 – Shrimpapalooza! Annual Mardi Gras style Parade and Party. Come out for the Parade and join the Party! 5530 S Mason Creek Rd in Homosassa. Call 352-634-0918 for details.
- 2/22 – Concert at the Pavilion. Saliva will perform from 6 to 10 pm at Rock Crusher Canyon Pavilion. Call 352-875-6499 for details.
- 2/22 – Movie in the Park. Spiderman, Into the Spider-verse will show on the big screen at Bicentennial Park Field #5. Movie starts at 6:30.
- 2/29 – 16th Annual Kid’s Fishing Clinic. Fort Island Trail Park. Call 352-527-7540 for details.
- 2/29 – Elvis in Concert. Get to the Rock Crusher Pavilion to pay tribute to the King. Two Elvis Tribute Artists will perform. 7 -10 pm.
- 3/06 – Moon Over the Mounds. Professional guides will lead visitors through the sacred site and inspire visitors to envision what life was like living on the Crystal River from 500 BC to 950 AD. The museum building opens at 7:30 p.m., tours will begin at 8:00 p.m. Crystal River Archaeological State Park.
- 3/07 – Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Live. Alternative Rock fused Pop Punk concert at the Rock Crusher Pavilion. 6 – 10 pm. Call 352-746-4000 for details.
- 3/12 – 7th Annual Beast Feast. 5- 9 pm at Rock Crusher Canyon. Call 352-746-4000 for details.
March 20-29 Citrus County School’s Spring Break.
Ft Cooper Days – 03/21 & 22
Citrus County Fair Dates March 23 – 29
Tuesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Lollygagger’s Sports Pub & Grill, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, The Cove Pub & Grub, The Monkey Bar & Grill
Wednesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Kelly’s Half-Shell Pub, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Two Deuces
Thursdays: Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mango Tango’s, Mickey’s Bar, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, The Shed at MacRae’s,
Fridays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mango Tango’s, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Company, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Monkey Bar & Grill, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Saturdays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Gator Cove, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Hot Shotz, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Co., Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Pine Street Pub, Seagrass Waterfront, The Monkey Bar & Grill, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Sundays: Blue Gator, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Cove Pub & Grub, The Monkey Bar & Grill, The Shed at MacRae’s