Dec 25th – Jan 9th Winter Break for all Citrus County Schools
- Sew Cool Sewing Workshop. Come to the Old Homosassa Learning Center every Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00. This class is open to adults at any sewing level. Sewing machines, ironing boards, and fabric available for use. All classes at the Learning Center are free of charge! 10950 W Yulee Drive Homosassa.
- Citrus County Council – Meets every 2nd Wednesday at 9 am. Doors open at 8:30 for coffee and networking at Beverly Hills Lions Club, 73 Civic Circle. Public is welcome.
- Citrus Shrine Club – All Shriners, Masons, family and friends are invited to the Shrine Club Potluck Socials held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 468 N Woodlake Ave, Inverness. Call 352-793-9470 for more info.
- Citrus Fishing Club – Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm at the American Legion Post 155, 6585 W Gulf to Lake Hwy. Call 352-563-9928 for more info.
- Chassahowitzka Community Association Game Day. The Chassahowitzka Community Association will hold a game day on each 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 10300 S Riviera Dr., Chassahowitzka. For more information contact Marylin Simpson at (260) 563-1465.
- South Levy Marketplace – 4th Saturday of the month. 9 am to Noon beside the Inglis Town Hall on Hwy 40 W.
- New York Club of Citrus County. Join us in our 32nd year for lunch at the Citrus Hills Country Club in Hernando every 2nd Thurs. of the month from Oct.-May at 12 noon. For more info call Rose @ 352-503-7430.
- Antique Vintage Market & Music Festival. Every 4th weekend of the month. 3591 Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, 34460. Call 352-586-0480 for more info.
- Citrus Springs Civic Association – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7:00 pm Meetings are at the Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W. Citrus Springs Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Please bring a few canned items for a local pantry.
- Hospice of Citrus County Afternoon Tea – 2pm – 4pm Weekly on Friday at Hospice House, 3350 W Audubon Path, Lecanto, FL. For more information, visit http://www.hospiceofcitruscounty.org
- Homosassa River Garden Club. Meets the third Monday of each month October to May at the Ellie Schiller Homosassa River State Park Visitor’s Center in the Magnolia room. 9:30 am October 16 is first meeting of season.
- Citrus County Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7:30 am – 2 pm on Fridays. Come out and find that item you have been looking for.
- The Knit Wits of Homosassa. Join the Knits Wits of Homosassa at the Homosassa Public Library on Fridays from 1 – 3 pm for a happy, relaxed afternoon of knitting, crocheting, or just visiting. Newcomers are welcome to join the group, whether you are a novice or a master. Contact: Nancy Zembruski email@example.com (352) 503-6400
- Herry’s Market Day. The outdoor flea market features a variety of merchandise. Call 352-527-2020 for more information. Herry’s Market Day is the second Saturday of each month at 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane, Homosassa.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Homosassa meets first Thursday of each month 6:30 pm at VFW Cootie bldg. on Veterans drive in Homosassa. AmVets is a national organization. Floyd Blodgett, Publicity Director 513-4490
- Crystal River City Council Meeting. Second and Fourth Monday of the month. For information, visit www.crystalriverfl.org
- Inverness City Council Meeting. Monthly on the first & third Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Education for the Future Committee. Monthly on the third Wednesday. CCBA Headquarters
- Radiant Ridge Toastmasters. The Toastmasters meet every 2nd, 4th, and 5th Mondays of each month at the YMCA in Lecanto on 486, first room on the right. For more information, call Vicky at (352) 518-4633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Spirit of Citrus Dancers, USA Dance Chapter 6072, cordially invites the public to join in the joy of dancing on the first and third Saturdays of the month. For more information, please call JoAnn at 352-746-4274 or visit their web site at http://www.socdancer.org.
- All American Muscle Night. Car show sponsored by Nature Coast Mustangs at Arby’s starting at 6 pm. 11/24, 12/1 & 12/8
- Friday Night Thunder. Cars and trucks from all decades assemble from 5 pm to 7 pm in Courthouse Square in downtown Inverness on the third Friday of every month. Contact 352-341-1165 for more information.
CARDS & BINGO!!
- TOO FAR Water & Natural Resource hosts BINGO every Monday Afternoon at Point O’Woods, 9228 E. Gospel Island Rd, Inverness. Call Pat at 352-419-8030 for more information.
- VFW Post 4337 Hosts BINGO every Monday & Thursday at 3 pm and Wednesday at 6 pm. 906 Hwy 41 E, Inverness. Call 352-344-3495 for details.
- Homosassa Lions Club hosts BINGO every Monday Night! Doors open at 4 for dinner provided by the kitchen for a good price! Games start at 6 at 8405 Homosassa Trail.
- Show me the money! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month come out to Kellner Auditorium from 6-8 pm for Combination of Cards & Bingo. Call Barbara at 352-513-5169 for more information.
- Floral City Lions Club hosts BINGO every Wednesday at the Floral City Community Building 8730 E Orange Ave, Floral City. Quarter Bingo starts at 4 pm and regular bingo at 6 pm. Refreshments available.
- 12/16 – The Ditchfield Family Singers – 2 shows.
- 12/17 – It’s a Wonderful Life – (PG)
- 12/31 – Blazing Saddles (R)
- 1/7 – On Golden Pond (PG)
- 1/12 – The Goodbye Girl (PG)
- 1/14 – Follow That Dream (NR)
- 1/15 – Selma (PG-13)
Chamber Events: For details on Chamber events call (352) 795-3149.
- 12/15 – BWA Meeting. The annual BWA December luncheon is back, and its co-ed! This is the one time each year where both men and women are able to enjoy an event hosted by the Business Women’s Alliance. The event will take place at Citrus Hills Golf and Country Club from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.
Scheduled Events by City:
- 1/13 – Citrus County Veterans Coalition Yard Sale. Enjoy the yard sale at Our Lady Fatima Church from 8 am to 1:30 pm.
- 1/15 – MLK Unity Walk & Ceremony. Meet at Valerie Theatre at 8:30 am and walk together to Liberty Park.
- 1/9 – Friends of the Floral City Library Meeting. 6 -7 pm in the Library Program Room.
- 12/17 – Christmas Parade. 2-3:30 pm begins at the fountain on North Citrus Springs Blvd and ends at Wesley Jones Park.
- 12/16 – Movies in the Park. Elf will be playing at the Lecanto Community Park at 3505 W Educational Path at 6 pm!
- 12/20 – Big Brothers Big Sisters Orientation & Training. Get more information about volunteering here » http://www.bbbstampabay.org/volunteerinformation.aspx
- 12/16 – Homosassa Boat Parade – 6-8 pm, Call 352-302-5779 for details.
- 12/19 – 12/24 & 12/26 – Celebration of Lights. The annual Celebration of Lights at the Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park. The suggested donation is $5.00 for adults and $2.00 for children.
- 12/23 – Crystal River Boat Parade. Starts at 6:15 – Contact Capt. Suzie at 352-586-8068 for more information.
- 1/13 & 1/14 – Manatee Festival. Crystal River’s tremendous annual celebration of beloved Florida Manatee. Lots of live music, limitless art, crafts and goodies and fabulous food and drink on Citrus Ave.
- 1/26 & 1/27 – Truck & Tractor Pull
- 1/27 – Citrus Got Talent
- 1/27 – 3rd Annual Bluegrass Old-Time Music Festival & Car Show
- 3/3 & 3/4 – Floral City Strawberry Festival