June/July 2018 Events
June 17th is Father’s Day
Scallop Season begins July 1
Fourth of July Festivities
6/23 – Homosassa River
7/3 – Liberty Park Inverness
7/4 – King’s Bay Crystal River
- Citrus Fishing Club – Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm at the American Legion Post 155, 6585 W Gulf to Lake Hwy. Call 352-563-9928 for more info.
- Crystal River City Council Meeting. Second and Fourth Monday of the month. For information, visit http://www.crystalriverfl.org
- Radiant Ridge Toastmasters. The Toastmasters meet every 2nd, 4th, and 5th Mondays of each month at the YMCA in Lecanto on 486, first room on the right. For more information, call Vicky at (352) 518-4633 or email email@example.com.
- Inverness City Council Meeting. Monthly on the first & third Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Citrus County BOCC Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. at the Citrus County Courthouse.
- Citrus County Council – Meets every 2nd Wednesday at 9 am. Doors open at 8:30 for coffee and networking at Beverly Hills Lions Club, 73 Civic Circle. Public is welcome.
- Chassahowitzka Community Association Game Day. The Chassahowitzka Community Association will hold a game day on each 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 10300 S Riviera Dr., Chassahowitzka. For more information contact Marylin Simpson at (260) 563-1465.
- Education for the Future Committee. Monthly on the third Wednesday. CCBA Headquarters
- Historic Downtown Inverness Walking Tour. Tours are on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. For more information or to reserve your spot, call (352)341-6428
- Sew Cool Sewing Workshop. Come to the Old Homosassa Learning Center every Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00. This class is open to adults at any sewing level. Sewing machines, ironing boards, and fabric available for use. All classes at the Learning Center are free of charge! 10950 W Yulee Drive Homosassa.
- Citrus Shrine Club – All Shriners, Masons, family and friends are invited to the Shrine Club Potluck Socials held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 468 N Woodlake Ave, Inverness. Call 352-793-9470 for more info.
- Citrus Springs Civic Association – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7:00 pm Meetings are at the Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W. Citrus Springs Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Please bring a few canned items for a local pantry.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Homosassa meets first Thursday of each month 6:30 pm at VFW Cootie bldg. on Veterans drive in Homosassa. AmVets is a national organization.
- The Kiwanis Club of West Citrus meets every Thursday at Oysters Restaurant in Crystal River at Noon.
- Hospice of Citrus County Afternoon Tea – 2pm – 4pm Weekly on Friday at Hospice House, 3350 W Audubon Path, Lecanto, FL. For more information, visit http://www.hospiceofcitruscounty.org
- Citrus County Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7:30 am – 2 pm on Fridays. Come out and find that item you have been looking for.
- The Knit Wits of Homosassa. Join the Knits Wits of Homosassa at the Homosassa Public Library on Fridays from 1 – 3 pm for a happy, relaxed afternoon of knitting, crocheting, or just visiting. Newcomers are welcome to join the group, whether you are a novice or a master. Contact: Nancy Zembruski at firstname.lastname@example.org (352) 503-6400
- All American Muscle Night. Car show sponsored by Nature Coast Mustangs at Arby’s starting at 6 pm. 6/22, 6/29, 7/6 & 7/13
- Friday Night Thunder. Cars and trucks from all decades assemble from 5 pm to 7 pm in Courthouse Square in downtown Inverness on the third Friday of every month. Contact 352-341-1165 for more information
- South Levy Marketplace – 4th Saturday of the month. 9 am to Noon beside the Inglis Town Hall on Hwy 40 W.
- Antique Vintage Market & Music Festival. Every 4th weekend of the month. 3591 Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, 34460. Call 352-586-0480 for more info.
- Herry’s Market Day. The outdoor flea market features a variety of merchandise. Call 352-527-2020 for more information. Herry’s Market Day is the second Saturday of each month at 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane, Homosassa.
- The Spirit of Citrus Dancers, USA Dance Chapter 6072, cordially invites the public to join in the joy of dancing on the first and third Saturdays of the month. For more information, please call JoAnn at 352-746-4274 or visit their web site at http://www.socdancer.org.
- Bullitt Classic Cars Cruise-In is held on the last Saturday of the month at 8690 S Florida Ave in Floral City. The event time is 10 am till 1pm. Free donuts and coffee. A friendly gathering of car enthusiasts open to All makes and Models.
- Citrus County Cars and Coffee Cruise- In. Cattle Dog Coffee Roasters in Hernando will host a Last Sunday of the month auto show, time is 8am till 11am, open to ALL makes and models.
CARDS & BINGO!!
- TOO FAR Water & Natural Resource hosts BINGO every Monday Afternoon at Point O’Woods, 9228 E. Gospel Island Rd, Inverness. Call Pat at 352-419-8030 for more information.
- VFW Post 4337 Hosts BINGO every Thursday at 3 pm and Wednesday at 6 pm. 906 Hwy 41 E, Inverness. Call 352-344-3495 for details.
- Homosassa Lions Club hosts BINGO every Monday Night! Doors open at 4 for dinner provided by the kitchen for a good price! Games start at 6 at 8405 Homosassa Trail.
- Show me the money! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month come out to Kellner Auditorium from 6-8 pm for Combination of Cards & Bingo. Call Barbara at 352-513-5169 for more information.
- Floral City Lions Club hosts BINGO every Wednesday at the Floral City Community Building 8730 E Orange Ave, Floral City. Quarter Bingo starts at 4 pm and regular bingo at 6 pm. Refreshments available.
- 6/17 – Father of the Bride (1950) (G)
- 6/24 – Cool Hand Luke (PG)
- 7/1 – The Right Stuff (PG)
- 7/8 – Rebel Without a Cause (PG-13)
- 7/13 – Bullitt (PG)
- 7/15 – While the City Sleeps (NR)
Citrus County Speedway
- 6/16 – Wheelman Series Sportsman 50, Mini Stocks, Mod Mini, Pure Stocks, Outlaw Street Stocks
- 6/23 – 50 Lap Pure Stock, 50 Lap Outlaw Street Stock, Mod Mini, Mini Stocks, Thunder Stocks
- 6/30 – Open Wheel modified 50, Mini Stocks, Thunder Stocks, Mod Mini, Pure Stocks
- 7/7 – Closed
- 7/14 – Super Late Model 50, Legend Cars, Thunder Stocks, Outlaw Street Stocks, Mini Stocks
Chamber Events: For details on Chamber events call (352) 795-3149.
- 6/21 – June Mixer. Join us for the June Mixer at Nature Coast Adventurer (1612 S Suncoast Blvd) and enjoy the food truck, beverages and networking at 5 pm!
- 6/22 – BWA Networking Breakfast. The Business Women’s Alliance is hosting a networking breakfast for BOTH men and women at the Citrus Hills Golf & Country Club. Citrus Memorial Health Foundation YMCA is the sponsor. Register online.
- 7/13 – Chamber Luncheon. The Citrus County Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly luncheon at Citrus Hills Golf and Country Club. Event begins at 11:30 am. This will be a Commissioner’s Primary Candidate Forum
Scheduled Events by City:
- Summer Long Pencil Drive. All summer long we will be collecting packs of unopened pencils for our local Citrus county students and teachers. We have a goal of 200 boxes of pencils. For more questions about donations please stop by at 453 E Highland Blvd suite 204 Inverness.
- 6/18 – American Red Cross, Disaster Cycle Services Meeting Citrus/Sumter. 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Lakes Region Library Community Room. Come join the American Red Cross as we prepare for disaster.
- 6/25 – 6/29 – VBS. Faith Factory VBS 2018//First Assembly of God, Inverness, Registration is now available at: http://www.myvbs.org/FaithFactory/register! FREE admission and lunch WILL be provided!
- 7/14 – Best of the Best Showcase. Come see the Best of the Best in Citrus County. Automotive, shopping, restaurants and much more! 8 am to 5 pm at the Citrus County Auditorium.
- 6/28 – Career Source Mobile. Central Ridge Library 10 am to 3:30 pm. Mobile Resource Unit, MOBY1, will bring our job search resources right to your door. Fully equipped and staff supported. No charge for services.
- 6/21 – Town Hall Meeting. Please attend this special town hall session if you would like to share your thoughts. Homosassa Library Community Room 5:30 to 6:30 pm
- 7/14 – AARP Smart Driver Course. Homosassa Library community room, 10:45 am to 4:45 pm. Registration is required: (352) 628-7633or email email@example.com
- 6/29 – Movie in the Park. Enjoy an evening in the park with your friends, family, and neighbors, we will be showing the film, “Moana.” Call Citrus County Parks and Recreation at 352-527-7540 with any questions.
- 7/9 – 7/13 – Estuary Exploration: A Science Discovery Summer Camp. Call Registration Coordinator Jamie Letendre 352-228-6032 for more information.
Tuesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Lollygagger’s Sports Pub & Grill, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, The Cove Pub & Grub
Wednesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Two Deuces
Thursdays: Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mickey’s Bar, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, The Shed at MacRae’s, The Suncoast Diner
Fridays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Burkes of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Company, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Shed at MacRae’s, The Suncoast Bar & Grill, Two Deuces
Saturdays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Burke’s of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Gator Cove, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Hot Shotz, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Co., Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Pine Street Pub, River Ranch Bar & Grill, Seagrass Waterfront, Sleepy Hollow, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Sundays: Blue Gator, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Cove Pub & Grub, The Shed at MacRae’s