November/December 2018 Events
- Citrus Fishing Club – Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm at the American Legion Post 155, 6585 W Gulf to Lake Hwy. Call 352-563-9928 for more info.
- Crystal River City Council Meeting. Second and Fourth Monday of the month. For information, visit http://www.crystalriverfl.org
- Radiant Ridge Toastmasters. The Toastmasters meet every 2nd, 4th, and 5th Mondays of each month at the YMCA in Lecanto on 486, first room on the right. For more information, call Vicky at (352) 518-4633 or email email@example.com.
- Homosassa River Garden Club meets on the third Monday of each month at 1st United Methodist Church on 8831 W Bradshaw at 9:30 am. Contact Suzanne Hyson 382-7385.
- Inverness City Council Meeting. Monthly on the first & third Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Citrus County BOCC Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. at the Citrus County Courthouse.
- Citrus County Council – Meets every 2nd Wednesday at 9 am. Doors open at 8:30 for coffee and networking at Beverly Hills Lions Club, 73 Civic Circle. Public is welcome.
Beverly Hills Shuffleboard Club – meets Wednesdays at the courts in the park on Civic Circle. All skill levels welcome. Call 352-566-6462 for more info.
- Chassahowitzka Community Association Game Day. The Chassahowitzka Community Association will hold a game day on each 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 10300 S Riviera Dr., Chassahowitzka. For more information contact Marylin Simpson at (260) 563-1465.
- Education for the Future Committee. Monthly on the third Wednesday. CCBA Headquarters.
- Historic Downtown Inverness Walking Tour. Tours are on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. For more information or to reserve your spot, call (352)341-6428
- Sew Cool Sewing Workshop. Come to the Old Homosassa Learning Center every Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00. This class is open to adults at any sewing level. Sewing machines, ironing boards, and fabric available for use. All classes at the Learning Center are free of charge! 10950 W Yulee Drive Homosassa.
- Citrus Shrine Club – All Shriners, Masons, family and friends are invited to the Shrine Club Potluck Socials held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 468 N Woodlake Ave, Inverness. Call 352-793-9470 for more info.
- Citrus Springs Civic Association – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7:00 pm Meetings are at the Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W. Citrus Springs Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Please bring a few canned items for a local pantry.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Homosassa meets first Thursday of each month 6:30 pm at VFW Cootie bldg. on Veterans drive in Homosassa. AmVets is a national organization.
- The Kiwanis Club of West Citrus meets every Thursday at Oysters Restaurant in Crystal River at Noon.
- Hospice of Citrus County Afternoon Tea – 2pm – 4pm Weekly on Friday at Hospice House, 3350 W Audubon Path, Lecanto, FL. For more information, visit http://www.hospiceofcitruscounty.org
- Citrus County Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7:30 am – 2 pm on Fridays. Come out and find that item you have been looking for.
- The Knit Wits of Homosassa. Join the Knits Wits of Homosassa at the Homosassa Public Library on Fridays from 1 – 3 pm for a happy, relaxed afternoon of knitting, crocheting, or just visiting. Newcomers are welcome to join the group, whether you are a novice or a master. Contact: Nancy Zembruski at firstname.lastname@example.org (352) 503-6400
- Friday Night Thunder. Cars and trucks from all decades assemble from 5 pm to 7 pm in Courthouse Square in downtown Inverness on the third Friday of every month. Contact 352-341-1165 for more information
- South Levy Marketplace – 4th Saturday of the month. 9 am to Noon beside the Inglis Town Hall on Hwy 40 W.
- WCDC Meeting is on the second Saturday of each month. All interested Democrats are invited to attend. For More info, email email@example.com.
- Antique Vintage Market & Music Festival. Every 4th weekend of the month. 3591 Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, 34460. Call 352-586-0480 for more info.
- Herry’s Market Day. The outdoor flea market features a variety of merchandise. Call 352-527-2020 for more information. Herry’s Market Day is the second Saturday of each month at 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane, Homosassa.
- The Spirit of Citrus Dancers, USA Dance Chapter 6072, cordially invites the public to join in the joy of dancing on the first and third Saturdays of the month. For more information, please call JoAnn at 352-746-4274 or visit their web site at http://www.socdancer.org.
- Bullitt Classic Cars Cruise-In is held on the last Saturday of the month at 8690 S Florida Ave in Floral City. The event time is 10 am till 1pm. Free donuts and coffee. A friendly gathering of car enthusiasts open to All makes and Models.
- Citrus County Cars and Coffee Cruise- In. Cattle Dog Coffee Roasters in Hernando will host a Last Sunday of the month auto show, time is 8am till 11am, open to ALL makes and models.
CARDS & BINGO!!
- TOO FAR Water & Natural Resource hosts BINGO every Monday Afternoon at Point O’Woods, 9228 E. Gospel Island Rd, Inverness. Call Pat at 352-419-8030 for more information.
- VFW Post 4337 Hosts BINGO every Thursday at 3 pm and Wednesday at 6 pm. 906 Hwy 41 E, Inverness. Call 352-344-3495 for details.
- Homosassa Lions Club hosts BINGO every Monday Night! Doors open at 4 for dinner provided by the kitchen for a good price! Games start at 6 at 8405 Homosassa Trail.
- Show me the money! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month come out to Kellner Auditorium from 6-8 pm for Combination of Cards & Bingo. Call Barbara at 352-513-5169 for more information.
- Floral City Lions Club hosts BINGO every Wednesday at the Floral City Community Building 8730 E Orange Ave, Floral City. Quarter Bingo starts at 4 pm and regular bingo at 6 pm. Refreshments available.
- 11/18 – Anatomy of A Murder (G)
- 11/25 – Wizard of Oz (G)
- 12/02 – -Roman Holiday (NR)
- 12/07 – Home Alone (PG)
- 12/09 – Desk Set (NR)
- 12/14 – Die Hard (R)
- 12/15 – The Ditchfield Family Singers Live on Stage at 3 pm
Chamber Events: For details on Chamber events call (352) 795-3149.
- 11/14 & 12/14 – BWA Meeting – 8:30-9:30 am Citrus County Chamber of Commerce, 915 N. Suncoast Boulevard, Crystal RiverFL34429
Scheduled Events by City:
- 11/16 & 17 – Inverness Grand Prix. 10 am to 5 pm at the Old Courthouse Square.
- 11/16 & 17 – Rodeo. The 23rd Annual Citrus Stampede Rodeo returns to Citrus County Fairgrounds in Inverness. 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm. Call for details – 352-527-5700 4-H Office.
- 11/17 – Water Safe Citrus 5K/10K/1M Run. 8 AM Citrus High School 600 W. Highland Blvd., Inverness. Join us for our 2nd Water Safe Citrus 10k/5k/1M benefiting Cayla’s Coats.
- 12/2 – Christmas Concert. The Nature Coast Community Band will perform at the Cornerstone Baptist Church from 2:30 pm to 4 pm
- 12/7 – Light Up Inverness. 5-8pm Old Courthouse Square
- 12/8 – Inverness Christmas Parade. Noon -2 pm.
- 12/8 – Vocal Flash Holiday Show. Valerie Theatre is having a Flash Mob Party starting at 7:30 pm.
- 12/13 – Music at the Museum. Savants of Soul will perform at the Courthouse from 6-9 pm.
- 12/14 – Battle of the Band Teachers. 5 bands competing for music program funding. For more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/2287381197944601/
- 12/7 thru 12/9 – Ft Cooper Night of Lights. Ft Cooper State Park lights up at 6 pm!
- 12/30 – Floral City Heritage Days. This event will take place at the Heritage Hall Museum, 8394 E. Orange Avenue from 5:30-9:00 pm.
- 12/14 – Adopt a Tree Event. Adopt a Tree Event. 8:00 am – 5:00 pm at Central Ridge Community Park. Come join members of your community for a fun-filled, festive day that will benefit families in need of a tree this holiday season! For More information call Parks and Recreation at 352-527-7540.
- 11/16 & 17 – Jazz Festival. Enjoy two days of Music hosted by Nature Coast Unitarian Universalists at 7633 N Florida Ave, Citrus Springs. For more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/2120381061370220/
- 12/1 – Christmas Concert. The Nature Coast Community Band will perform at the Citrus Springs Community Center from 2:30 pm to 4 pm.
- 11/18 – “Golf for Kids”. Save the Date for Golf and Giving with the Inverness Sertoma Golf Tournament at Citrus Hills Golf and Country Club, the Oaks Course.
- 11/18 – Citrus Hill’s 3rd Annual Car & Truck Show. 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Activity Center Parking Lot, 240 W. Fenway Fr. Hernando, FL 34442 Great Food! Live Music! 50/50 Raffle! Trophy Awards! Public Welcome!
- 12/1 – Golf Demo Day. Public Welcome! Test out and pre-order new clubs that aren’t even on the market yet! FREE EVENT! Skyview at Terra Vista Driving Range, 2100 N. Terra Vista Blvd., Hernando, 352-746-3664
- 11/15 – Parade of Trees. The Gulf to Lakes Pilot Club is having its annual premier fundraiser. This event is open to the public from 2 – 8 PM at the Archangel Michael Greek Orthodox Church on Route 44 in Lecanto. Admission is a donation of a new unwrapped toy for a needy child or a non-perishable food which will be donated to CUB.
- 11/18 – Art in the Park. Free Art show at the Visitors Center of the Homosassa Wildlife Park on Hwy 19 from 9 am to 4:30 pm.
- 12/15 – Homosassa River Boat Parade.
- 11/17 – 2018 Citrus Home and Garden Show – The Original Citrus County Home Show. Crystal River Armory. 9am -2pm.
- 11/24 – Ozello Arts, Crafts & Blue Crab Festival. 9 am – 4pm. Presented by Ozello Civic Association 14095 West Ozello Trail Crystal River 34429.
- 11/30 – Grinchmas At The Christmas Tree Lighting. 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm Little Springs Park, Crystal River, FL 34428
- 12/1 – Crystal River Christmas Parade. 6 pm to 9 pm.
- 12/9 – Drum Circle. Enjoy the sunset to the beat of the drum at Ft Island Gulf Beach from 3:30 to 6:30 pm.
- 11/17 & 18 – 37th Annual Yankeetown Art, Crafts and Seafood Festival. Riverside Drive, Yankeetown, FL 34498. A weekend of fun, and food and entertainment for all ages. It’s not just an event it’s a tradition.
Celebration of Lights at the Ellie Schiller Homosassa Wildlife Park begins on Dec 19th.
Tuesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Lollygagger’s Sports Pub & Grill, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, The Cove Pub & Grub
Wednesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Two Deuces
Thursdays: Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mickey’s Bar, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, The Shed at MacRae’s, The Suncoast Diner
Fridays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Burkes of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Company, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Shed at MacRae’s, The Suncoast Bar & Grill, Two Deuces
Saturdays: Backwater Fins, Blue Gator, Burke’s of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Gator Cove, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Hot Shotz, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Co., Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Pine Street Pub, Seagrass Waterfront, Sleepy Hollow, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Sundays: Blue Gator, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Cove Pub & Grub, The Shed at MacRae’s