October/November Events 2017
- Sew Cool Sewing Workshop. Come to the Old Homosassa Learning Center every Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00. This class is open to adults at any sewing level. Sewing machines, ironing boards, and fabric available for use. All classes at the Learning Center are free of charge! 10950 W Yulee Drive Homosassa.
- Citrus County Council – Meets every 2nd Wednesday at 9 am. Doors open at 8:30 for coffee and networking at Beverly Hills Lions Club, 73 Civic Circle. Public is welcome.
- Citrus Shrine Club – All Shriners, Masons, family and friends are invited to the Shrine Club Potluck Socials held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 468 N Woodlake Ave, Inverness. Call 352-793-9470 for more info.
- Citrus Fishing Club – Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm at the American Legion Post 155, 6585 W Gulf to Lake Hwy. Call 352-563-9928 for more info.
- Chassahowitzka Community Association Game Day. The Chassahowitzka Community Association will hold a game day on each 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 10300 S Riviera Dr., Chassahowitzka. For more information contact Marylin Simpson at (260) 563-1465.
- South Levy Marketplace – 4th Saturday of the month. 9 am to Noon beside the Inglis Town Hall on Hwy 40 W.
- New York Club of Citrus County. Join us in our 32nd year for lunch at the Citrus Hills Country Club in Hernando every 2nd Thurs. of the month from Oct.-May at 12 noon. For more info call Rose @ 352-503-7430.
- Antique Vintage Market & Music Festival. Every 4th weekend of the month. 3591 Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, 34460. Call 352-586-0480 for more info.
- Citrus Springs Civic Association – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7:00 pm Meetings are at the Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W. Citrus Springs Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Please bring a few canned items for a local pantry.
- Hospice of Citrus County Afternoon Tea – 2pm – 4pm Weekly on Friday at Hospice House, 3350 W Audubon Path, Lecanto, FL. For more information, visit http://www.hospiceofcitruscounty.org
- Homosassa River Garden Club. Meets the third Monday of each month October to May at the Ellie Schiller Homosassa River State Park Visitor’s Center in the Magnolia room. 9:30 am October 16 is first meeting of season.
- Citrus County Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7:30 am – 2 pm on Fridays. Come out and find that item you have been looking for.
- The Knit Wits of Homosassa. Join the Knits Wits of Homosassa at the Homosassa Public Library on Fridays from 1 – 3 pm for a happy, relaxed afternoon of knitting, crocheting, or just visiting. Newcomers are welcome to join the group, whether you are a novice or a master. Contact: Nancy Zembruski email@example.com (352) 503-6400
- The Florida Chapter of the Historical Novel Society meets on the first Saturday of each month in the Community Room at the Central Ridge Library, 425 W. Roosevelt Boulevard, Beverly Hills. Business meetings begin at 1 p.m. and programs begin at 1:30 p.m.
- Herry’s Market Day. The outdoor flea market features a variety of merchandise. Call 352-527-2020 for more information. Herry’s Market Day is the second Saturday of each month at 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane, Homosassa.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Homosassa meets first Thursday of each month 6:30 pm at VFW Cootie bldg. on Veterans drive in Homosassa. AmVets is a national organization. Floyd Blodgett, Publicity Director 513-4490
- Crystal River City Council Meeting. Second and Fourth Monday of the month. For information, visit www.crystalriverfl.org
- Inverness City Council Meeting. Monthly on the first & third Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Education for the Future Committee. Monthly on the third Wednesday. CCBA Headquarters
- Drum Circle – on the Second Sunday of each month a Sunset Drum Circle begins 2 hours before sunset, at Ft Island Gulf Beach at the last picnic shelter. Bring chairs and bug spray, drums, shakers, etc. Call Charlotte 352 344 8009 for more information.
- Radiant Ridge Toastmasters. The Toastmasters meet every 2nd, 4th, and 5th Mondays of each month at the YMCA in Lecanto on 486, first room on the right. For more information, call Vicky at (352) 518-4633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Spirit of Citrus Dancers, USA Dance Chapter 6072, cordially invites the public to join in the joy of dancing on the first and third Saturdays of the month. For more information, please call JoAnn at 352-746-4274 or visit their web site at http://www.socdancer.org.
- All American Muscle Night. Car show sponsored by Nature Coast Mustangs at Arby’s starting at 6 pm. 10/27, 11/3 & 11/10
- Friday Night Thunder. Cars and trucks from all decades assemble from 5 pm to 7 pm in Courthouse Square in downtown Inverness on the third Friday of every month. Contact 352-341-1165 for more information.
CARDS & BINGO!!
- TOO FAR Water & Natural Resource hosts BINGO every Monday Afternoon at Point O’Woods, 9228 E. Gospel Island Rd, Inverness. Call Pat at 352-419-8030 for more information.
- VFW Post 4337 Hosts BINGO every Monday & Thursday at 3 pm and Wednesday at 6 pm. 906 Hwy 41 E, Inverness. Call 352-344-3495 for details.
- Homosassa Lions Club hosts BINGO every Monday Night! Doors open at 4 for dinner provided by the kitchen for a good price! Games start at 6 at 8405 Homosassa Trail.
- Show me the money! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month come out to Kellner Auditorium from 6-8 pm for Combination of Cards & Bingo. Call Barbara at 352-513-5169 for more information.
- Floral City Lions Club hosts BINGO every Wednesday at the Floral City Community Building 8730 E Orange Ave, Floral City. Quarter Bingo starts at 4 pm and regular bingo at 6 pm. Refreshments available.
Citrus County Speedway
- 10/21/2017– 50 Lap Sportsman Feature, 25 Lap Mini Stock Feature, 25 Lap Street Stock Feature, 25 Lap Pure Stock feature, 25 Lap Mod Mini Feature
- 10/28/2017- 50 Lap Super Late Model Feature, 25 Lap Mini Stock Feature, 25 Lap Pure Stock Feature, 25 Lap Mod Mini Feature, 25 Lap Pure Stock Figure 8
- 11/4/2017– 50 Lap Pure Stock Feature, 50 Lap Street Stock Feature, 25 Lap Mini Stock Feature, 25 Lap Mod Mini Feature,
- 11/11/2017– 40 Lap Sprint Car Feature, 25 Lap Mini Stock Feature, 25 Lap Street Stock Feature, 25 Lap Pure Stock Feature, 25 Lap Mod Mini Feature
- 10/19 – I’ll Be Me (PG)
- 10/21 – The Atlantic Boys – 2 shows, 3 pm and 7:30 pm
- 10/22 – I’ll Be Me (PG)
- 10/29 – The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (PG)
- 10/31 – The Rocky Horror Picture Show (R)
- 11/10 – Purple Rain (R)
- 11/11- Susan Smith. The Sophisticated Lady, 2 shows, 3 and 7:30
- 11/12 – The Public Enemy (PG)
- 11/19 – The Wizard of Oz (G)
Chamber Events: For details on Chamber events call (352) 795-3149.
- 10/25 – BWA Meeting. General Membership Meeting at Crystal River Welcome Center at 8:30 am. Open to the public.
- 10/26 – October Mixer. Insight Credit Union in Crystal River is the host from 5-7 pm.
Scheduled Events by City:
- 10/18 – Inverness Walks – Join a guided walking tour of beautiful downtown Inverness. Call 352.341.6428 for more information.
- 10/18 – Homebuyer Education Class. Learn the ins and outs of buying your first home at 701 White Blvd. Inverness, FL 34450 Inside Heron Woods. Class is from 8:30 to 4:30, call 352-726-2092 for details.
- 10/20 – 4th Annual Suitcase Party! Pack your bags and bring your suitcases for this fundraiser benefitting the Boys & Girls Clubs of Citrus County. Call 352-621-9225 for details.
- 10/21 – Swing for Survivors. Scramble Golf Tournament benefitting CASA. Call 352-344-8111 for details.
- 10/27 to 10/29 – Cooter Festival 3-Day Music Festival. Call 352-341-7820 for details.
- 11/4 – 11/5 – Festival of the Arts. Juried art show featuring fine arts and crafts. Enjoy the weekend in Downtown Inverness. 352-341-7820 for details.
- 11/10 – Boots & Bling Fundraiser. United Way Fundraiser at Freedom Hill Farm. Call 352-795-5483 for details.
- 11/11 – Veteran’s Day Parade. Parade at 10 am, call 302-9777 for details.
- 10/19 & 10/20 – Living History Days. Enjoy Fort Cooper State Park. Call 352-726-0315 for details.
- 10/26 – Spaghetti Dinner. Annual Fundraiser for Camp Eckerd E-Nini-Hassee. Call 352-726-3883 for details.
- 10/20 – Swing for a Cure! Golf Tournament at Terra Vista, Citrus Hills. 352-527-0106 for more info.
- 11/5 – 32nd Annual Golf for Kids Tournament. Benefitting hearing impaired children. Citrus Hills Golf & Country Club. Call 352-726-7903 for details.
- 11/11 – Dragon Boat Festival. Enjoy the dragon boat races on Lake Hernando. Music, Food & more from 9 am to 5 pm.
- 10/1 – 10/26. Homosassa Scarecrow Contest. Vote for your Favorite Scarecrow!! Fountains Memorial Park, 5635 W Green Acres Street, Homosassa.
- 10/16 – Homosassa River Garden Club Meeting. Come join us in the Magnolia Room at the Wildlife Park at 9:30 am. This will be our first meeting of the new year.
- 10/17 – Educational Speaker Meeting. Chassahowitzka River Keepers is hosting an educational speaker meeting!!! This month hear from a biologist with Florida FWC at Chassahowitzka Community Center 10300 S. Rivière Rd. Homosassa, Fl. 34446
- 10/19 – Industry Appreciation BBQ. Come out to M&B Dairy for Music Food & Fun from 6-10 pm. 8760 S Lecanto Hwy. Tickets available at the Chamber of Commerce.
- 11/11 – Veteran’s Day Service. The Homosassa River Garden Club will host a Veteran’s Day Service at Stage Stand Cemetery. Please contact Suzanne Hyson for more details. email@example.com
- 11/11 & 11/12 – Old Homosassa Arts, Crafts & Seafood Festival. Two days of Fun in the center of Old Homosassa. 5530 S Mason Creek Rd, Homosassa
- 10/28 – Mall-O-Ween. Join Crystal River Mall for Halloween Festivities!
- 11/4 – 10th Annual Stone Crab Jam. Enjoy an open street Festival in Downtown Crystal River from 3 – 10 pm.
- 11/11 – Winter Wonderland Craft Show. The Citrus County Craft Council will host its 28th annual Winter Wonderland Craft Show from 9 AM to 3 PM, at the National Guard Armory.