February/March 2019 Events
Daylight Savings Time Begins March 10th.
- Citrus Fishing Club – Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm at the American Legion Post 155, 6585 W Gulf to Lake Hwy. Call 352-563-9928 for more info.
- Crystal River City Council Meeting. Second and Fourth Monday of the month. For information, visit http://www.crystalriverfl.org
- Radiant Ridge Toastmasters.
- The Toastmasters are meeting on the second, fourth, and fifth Mondays from 5:15 pm to 6:45 pm at the Central Ridge Library on 425 W Roosevelt Blvd, Beverly Hills. The contact phone is 352 613-5056
- Homosassa River Garden Club meets on the third Monday of each month at 1st United Methodist Church on 8831 W Bradshaw at 9:30 am. Contact Suzanne Hyson 382-7385.
- Inverness City Council Meeting. Monthly on the first & third Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Citrus County BOCC Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. at the Citrus County Courthouse.
- Citrus County Council – Meets every 2nd Wednesday at 9 am. Doors open at 8:30 for coffee and networking at Beverly Hills Lions Club, 73 Civic Circle. Public is welcome.
- Chassahowitzka Community Association Game Day. The Chassahowitzka Community Association will hold a game day on each 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 10300 S Riviera Dr., Chassahowitzka. For more information contact Marylin Simpson at (260) 563-1465.
- Education for the Future Committee. Monthly on the third Wednesday. CCBA Headquarters.
- Historic Downtown Inverness Walking Tour. Tours are on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. For more information or to reserve your spot, call (352)341-6428
- Sew Cool Sewing Workshop. Come to the Old Homosassa Learning Center every Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00. This class is open to adults at any sewing level. Sewing machines, ironing boards, and fabric available for use. All classes at the Learning Center are free of charge! 10950 W Yulee Drive Homosassa.
- Citrus Shrine Club – All Shriners, Masons, family and friends are invited to the Shrine Club Potluck Socials held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 468 N Woodlake Ave, Inverness. Call 352-793-9470 for more info.
- Citrus Springs Civic Association – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7:00 pm Meetings are at the Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W. Citrus Springs Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Please bring a few canned items for a local pantry.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Homosassa meets first Thursday of each month 6:30 pm at VFW Cootie bldg. on Veterans drive in Homosassa. AmVets is a national organization.
- The Kiwanis Club of West Citrus meets every Thursday at Oysters Restaurant in Crystal River at Noon.
- Hospice of Citrus County Afternoon Tea – 2pm – 4pm Weekly on Friday at Hospice House, 3350 W Audubon Path, Lecanto, FL. For more information, visit http://www.hospiceofcitruscounty.org
- Citrus County Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7:30 am – 2 pm on Fridays. Come out and find that item you have been looking for.
- The Knit Wits of Homosassa. Join the Knits Wits of Homosassa at the Homosassa Public Library on Fridays from 1 – 3 pm for a happy, relaxed afternoon of knitting, crocheting, or just visiting. Newcomers are welcome to join the group, whether you are a novice or a master. Contact: Pat @ 352-382-3131
- Friday Night Thunder. Cars and trucks from all decades assemble from 5 pm to 7 pm in Courthouse Square in downtown Inverness on the third Friday of every month. Contact 352-341-1165 for more information
- South Levy Marketplace – 4th Saturday of the month. 9 am to Noon beside the Inglis Town Hall on Hwy 40 W.
- WCDC Meeting is on the second Saturday of each month. All interested Democrats are invited to attend. For More info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Antique Vintage Market & Music Festival. Every 4th weekend of the month. 3591 Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, 34460. Call 352-586-0480 for more info.
- Herry’s Market Day. The outdoor flea market features a variety of merchandise. Call 352-527-2020 for more information. Herry’s Market Day is the second Saturday of each month at 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane, Homosassa.
- The Spirit of Citrus Dancers, USA Dance Chapter 6072, cordially invites the public to join in the joy of dancing on the first and third Saturdays of the month. For more information, please call JoAnn at 352-746-4274 or visit their web site at http://www.socdancer.org.
- Bullitt Classic Cars Cruise-In is held on the last Saturday of the month at 8690 S Florida Ave in Floral City. The event time is 10 am till 1pm. Free donuts and coffee. A friendly gathering of car enthusiasts open to All makes and Models.
- Citrus County Cars and Coffee Cruise- In. Cattle Dog Coffee Roasters in Hernando will host a Last Sunday of the month auto show, time is 8am till 11am, open to ALL makes and models.
CARDS & BINGO!!
- TOO FAR Water & Natural Resource hosts BINGO every Monday Afternoon at Point O’Woods, 9228 E. Gospel Island Rd, Inverness. Call Pat at 352-419-8030 for more information.
- VFW Post 4337 Hosts BINGO every Thursday at 3 pm and Wednesday at 6 pm. 906 Hwy 41 E, Inverness. Call 352-344-3495 for details.
- Homosassa Lions Club hosts BINGO every Monday Night! Doors open at 4 for dinner provided by the kitchen for a good price! Games start at 6 at 8405 Homosassa Trail.
- Show me the money! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month come out to Kellner Auditorium from 6-8 pm for Combination of Cards & Bingo. Call Barbara at 352-513-5169 for more information.
- Floral City Lions Club hosts BINGO every Wednesday at the Floral City Community Building 8730 E Orange Ave, Floral City. Quarter Bingo starts at 4 pm and regular bingo at 6 pm. Refreshments available.
- 2/17 – Some Like it Hot – (PG)
- 2/24 – African Queen (PG)
- 3/1 – EmiSunshine Concert 8 pm.
- 3/3 – The Best Years of Our Lives (NR)
- 3/8 – Ghost (PG)
- 3/17 – South Pacific (NR)
Citrus County Parks & Recreation Concert Series
For show info & tickets call 352-527-7540 or 352-465-7007
- 2/17 – Liverpool Live
- 3/11 – Atlantic City Boys
- 3/24 – Never Stop Believin
Citrus County Chamber Events:
- 2/21 – Chamber Mixer. Hosted by Avante Centers at Inverness. 5-7 pm at 304 S Citrus Ave Inverness.
- 3/13& 14 – Legislative Days 2019. The Chamber goes to Tallahassee!
Scheduled Events by City:
- 2/21 – Music at the Museum. Southern Exposure (Jazz) will perform at the Courthouse from 6-9 pm.
- 3/16 – St. Patrick’s Festival. Vendors open at 5 pm. The parade starts at 6:00 p.m., Celtic rock concert starts at 6:30. Questions? InvernessStPatricks.com
- 3/2 & 3/3 – Floral City Strawberry Festival. Gates open at 9 am on Saturday at Floral Park in Floral City. Admission $5, Children 12 & under free. Parking and shuttle from the Citrus County Auditorium free with price of admission.
- 3/2 – Hike with a Ranger. Fort Cooper State Park. The hike will start at the Pavilion at 1:00 pm and will be led by a park ranger.
- 3/14– New York Club Luncheon. Join the New York Club for their monthly lunch at Citrus Hills Country Club. For more information call Rose at 352-503-7430 before 7pm.
- 2/16 & 17 – Spring Greek Festival Art & Vendor Expo. Presented by Archangel Michael Greek Orthodox Church. Friday and Saturday 11:00am – 8:00pm & Sunday 11:00am – 5:00pm. Admission: $2.00 Donation & Free Parking Rain or Shine.
- 2/15 thru 3/3 – Citrus Showcase of Homes. Showcase Models are open: 10am – 5pm Mon – Sat & 12noon – 5pm on Sun. This is a scattered site Showcase. Visit http://www.CitrusShowcaseofHomes.com for directions and an interactive map, or the Citrus County Building Alliance for an official Showcase of Homes guide
- 2/17 – Key Training Center’s Spring Vogue. 21st Annual Key Training Center Fashion Show and Tea from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Chet Cole Life Enrichment Center (5521 W. Buster Whitton Way, Lecanto)/ Get Your Tickets Today! 352-795-5541 Ext. 312
- 2/22 – Citrus Strings in Concert. Fantastic String Ensemble offering both classic and modern music. Tickets $15.00 All proceeds go to Music in Medicine. For more info musicinmedicinecitrus.org
- 3/7 – United Way Power of the Purse. This lady’s event will feature live and silent auctions of designer and custom handbags. Call Jess Maloney at 352.795.5483 to make a purse donation. 3125 W Black Diamond Circle Lecanto, 6 pm.
- 2/17 – Spring Watercolor Show & Sale. 9 am to 5:30 pm at the Homosassa Wildlife Park Visitor Center.
- 2/18 – Homosassa River Garden Club. Join us at First United Methodist Church on Bradshaw in Homosassa. Social time begins at 9:30 am with light refreshments.
- 2/21 – Fishing Homosassa 101. Captain William Toney will speak about what it takes to be a successful angler on the west coast. Event begins at 7 pm at 5530 S Mason Creek Dr Homosassa. FREE to the public.
- 2/21 – Meet & Greet. Hosted by Eakley Candidate for Sheriff. 6 pm to 8 pm. Old Mill Tavern in Homosassa.
- 2/23 – Monthly Bird Walk. Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park 7:45 am to 11 Am.
- 3/16 – ShrimpaPalooza. The Rotary Club of Homosassa Charitiable Foundation Presents Mardis Gras Homosassa Style at the Homosassa Civic Center at Yulee and Mason Creek. Gates open at 9am Parade commences at 10.
- 2/22 – Moon over the Mounds. 7:30pm-9:30 pm 3400 N Museum Point 3400 N Museum Point, Crystal River 34428
- 2/23 – Kid’s Fishing Clinic. Free Event. You MUST pre-register. For more info call 352-527-7540
- 2/24 – Fish Fry Fundraiser. Hosted by Patrick Crippen candidate for Sheriff. At Dan’s Clam Stand in Crystal River, 1pm – 4:30pm.
- 3/9 – 7 Bridges Concert. The Ultimate Eagles Experience. 6 pm at the Rock Crusher Pavilion. Tickets on sale now. Call 352-746-9596.
- 3/16 – 7th Annual “Real” Military Card Party. Unit 776, Military Order of the Purple Heart Auxiliary (MOPHA) will have their Seventh Annual “Real” Military Card Party at the Florida National Guard Armory, 8551 W Venable St, Crystal River, FL 34429. Doors open at 11 a.m. To make reservations, please call: Annie at 249-7827 or Linda at 344-8196.
March 23rd – Inverness Big Bass Classic.
Citrus County Fair Dates: 3/25-3/31
Old Homosassa Community Day – April 6th
Join the Civil Rights Tour: April 9-12. Call Lucille Tompkins-Davis
Citrus County Democratic Black Caucus 301-412-8047 for details.
Tuesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Lollygagger’s Sports Pub & Grill, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, The Cove Pub & Grub
Wednesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Two Deuces
Thursdays: Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Crump’s Landing, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mickey’s Bar, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, The Shed at MacRae’s,
Fridays: Blue Gator, Burkes of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Crump’s Landing, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mickey’s Bar, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Saturdays: Blue Gator, Burke’s of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Crump’s Landing, Gator Cove, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Hot Shotz, Mickey’s Bar, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Shed at MacRae’s, Two Deuces
Sundays: Blue Gator, Crump’s Landing, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Cove Pub & Grub, The Shed at MacRae’s