March/April 2018 Events
CC Schools Spring Break – March 26 to March 30.
- Citrus Fishing Club – Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm at the American Legion Post 155, 6585 W Gulf to Lake Hwy. Call 352-563-9928 for more info.
- Homosassa River Garden Club. Meets the third Monday of each month October to May at the Ellie Schiller Homosassa River State Park Visitor’s Center in the Magnolia room. 9:30 am October 16 is first meeting of season.
- Crystal River City Council Meeting. Second and Fourth Monday of the month. For information, visit http://www.crystalriverfl.org
- Radiant Ridge Toastmasters. The Toastmasters meet every 2nd, 4th, and 5th Mondays of each month at the YMCA in Lecanto on 486, first room on the right. For more information, call Vicky at (352) 518-4633 or email email@example.com.
- Inverness City Council Meeting. Monthly on the first & third Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Citrus County BOCC Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. at the Citrus County Courthouse.
- Citrus County Council – Meets every 2nd Wednesday at 9 am. Doors open at 8:30 for coffee and networking at Beverly Hills Lions Club, 73 Civic Circle. Public is welcome.
- Chassahowitzka Community Association Game Day. The Chassahowitzka Community Association will hold a game day on each 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 10300 S Riviera Dr., Chassahowitzka. For more information contact Marylin Simpson at (260) 563-1465.
- Education for the Future Committee. Monthly on the third Wednesday. CCBA Headquarters
- Sew Cool Sewing Workshop. Come to the Old Homosassa Learning Center every Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00. This class is open to adults at any sewing level. Sewing machines, ironing boards, and fabric available for use. All classes at the Learning Center are free of charge! 10950 W Yulee Drive Homosassa.
- Citrus Shrine Club – All Shriners, Masons, family and friends are invited to the Shrine Club Potluck Socials held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 468 N Woodlake Ave, Inverness. Call 352-793-9470 for more info.
- New York Club of Citrus County. Join us in our 32nd year for lunch at the Citrus Hills Country Club in Hernando every 2nd Thurs. of the month from Oct.-May at 12 noon. For more info call Marie @ 352 344-5552.
- Citrus Springs Civic Association – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7:00 pm Meetings are at the Citrus Springs Community Center, 1570 W. Citrus Springs Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Please bring a few canned items for a local pantry.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Homosassa meets first Thursday of each month 6:30 pm at VFW Cootie bldg. on Veterans drive in Homosassa. AmVets is a national organization.
- Hospice of Citrus County Afternoon Tea – 2pm – 4pm Weekly on Friday at Hospice House, 3350 W Audubon Path, Lecanto, FL. For more information, visit http://www.hospiceofcitruscounty.org
- Citrus County Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7:30 am – 2 pm on Fridays. Come out and find that item you have been looking for.
- The Knit Wits of Homosassa. Join the Knits Wits of Homosassa at the Homosassa Public Library on Fridays from 1 – 3 pm for a happy, relaxed afternoon of knitting, crocheting, or just visiting. Newcomers are welcome to join the group, whether you are a novice or a master. Contact: Nancy Zembruski firstname.lastname@example.org (352) 503-6400
- All American Muscle Night. Car show sponsored by Nature Coast Mustangs at Arby’s starting at 6 pm. 2/9, 2/23, 3/2 & 3/9
- Friday Night Thunder. Cars and trucks from all decades assemble from 5 pm to 7 pm in Courthouse Square in downtown Inverness on the third Friday of every month. Contact 352-341-1165 for more information
- South Levy Marketplace – 4th Saturday of the month. 9 am to Noon beside the Inglis Town Hall on Hwy 40 W.
- Antique Vintage Market & Music Festival. Every 4th weekend of the month. 3591 Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, 34460. Call 352-586-0480 for more info.
- Herry’s Market Day. The outdoor flea market features a variety of merchandise. Call 352-527-2020 for more information. Herry’s Market Day is the second Saturday of each month at 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane, Homosassa.
- The Spirit of Citrus Dancers, USA Dance Chapter 6072, cordially invites the public to join in the joy of dancing on the first and third Saturdays of the month. For more information, please call JoAnn at 352-746-4274 or visit their web site at http://www.socdancer.org.
- Bullitt Classic Cars Cruise-In is held on the last Saturday of the month at 8690 S Florida Ave in Floral City. The event time is 10 am till 1pm. Free donuts and coffee. A friendly gathering of car enthusiasts open to All makes and Models.
- Citrus County Cars and Coffee Cruise- In. Cattle Dog Coffee Roasters in Hernando will host a Last Sunday of the month auto show, time is 8am till 11am, open to ALL makes and models.
CARDS & BINGO!!
- TOO FAR Water & Natural Resource hosts BINGO every Monday Afternoon at Point O’Woods, 9228 E. Gospel Island Rd, Inverness. Call Pat at 352-419-8030 for more information.
- VFW Post 4337 Hosts BINGO every Monday & Thursday at 3 pm and Wednesday at 6 pm. 906 Hwy 41 E, Inverness. Call 352-344-3495 for details.
- Homosassa Lions Club hosts BINGO every Monday Night! Doors open at 4 for dinner provided by the kitchen for a good price! Games start at 6 at 8405 Homosassa Trail.
- Show me the money! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month come out to Kellner Auditorium from 6-8 pm for Combination of Cards & Bingo. Call Barbara at 352-513-5169 for more information.
- Floral City Lions Club hosts BINGO every Wednesday at the Floral City Community Building 8730 E Orange Ave, Floral City. Quarter Bingo starts at 4 pm and regular bingo at 6 pm. Refreshments available.
- 3/18 – Victor/Victoria (PG)
- 3/23 – The Forgotten Coast
- 3/25 – The Man Who Shot Liberty Vance (G)
- 3/31 – 365 and a Wake-Up. Free book signing.
- 4/1 – Easter Parade (NR)
- 4/7 – Live Onstage, a tribute to Bob Crosby & the Bobcats
- 4/8 – 12 Angry Men (NR)
- 4/13 – Blade Runner: The Final Cut (R)
- 4/15 – Gigi (G)
Citrus County Speedway
- March 17th, 2018 – Closed
- March 24th, 2018 – Closed
- March 30th, 2018 – Closed
- April 7th, 2018 – Open Wheel Modified 50, Demolition Derby, Mini Stocks, Thunder Stocks, Pure Stocks
- April 14th, 2018 – Super Late Model 50, Mini Stocks, Thunder Stocks, Pure Stocks, Outlaw Street Stocks
Chamber Events: For details on Chamber events call (352) 795-3149.
- 3/28 – BWA General membership meeting. The BWA invites you to their networking and program event, which is open to the public from 8:30 to 9:30 am at 915 N Suncoast Blvd in Crystal River.
- 4/12 – Chamber Ambassador monthly meeting.
- 4/13 – Chamber Luncheon. The Citrus County Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly luncheon at Plantation on Crystal River. The luncheon sponsor is Absolute Law Group. Event begins at 11:30 am.
Scheduled Events by City:
- 3/17 – St. Patrick’s Festival: 5 pm to 10 pm in downtown Inverness.
- 3/17 – St. Patrick’s Festival: 5 pm to 10 pm in downtown Inverness.
- 3/22 – Sunshine Grand Prix. Call 352-341-7820 or visit
- http://www.sunshinegrandprix.com/events/ for more information.
- 3/24 – Inverness Big Bass Classic. Lake Henderson at Liberty Park You’re invited to the City’s third annual bass fishing tournament at Liberty Park. Call 352-341-7820 for details.
- 3/24 – Clean Air Bike Ride. 7:00 am – 3:00 pm at Liberty Park, 268 N Apopka Ave, Inverness
- 3/24 – Poker Run. For information email email@example.com
- 3/26 – 4/1 – Citrus County Fair
- 3/31 – Book Signing. Join us for a free Book Talk and Signing by author, Frank Jolliff, a local resident. 2 pm at Valerie Theatre. 352-341-7850 x2
- 4/14 – The Taste. Local Food Tasting Event. Liberty Park 6-10 pm.
- 3/17 & 3/18 – Ft Cooper Days. Fort Cooper State Park, 3100 Old Floral City Rd, Inverness, FL 34450, further information, call 352-726-0315.
- 3/22 – Fish Fry & Musical Extravaganza. Enjoy the fish fry and take a tour of the Camp. 3:30 to 7:00 pm at 7027 E Stage Coach Rd. Proceeds benefit Camp E-Nini-Hassee
- 3/24 – Plant Sale. Floral City Garden Club annual sale. 8-10 am 8599 E Marvin St. Floral City.
- 3/24 – Puttin’ On The Ritz. Continuity of Care of Citrus County presents “Puttin’ On The Ritz!” Come join us at the Citrus Hills Golf and Country Club from 6pm to 10pm for a night of dinner and dancing for a great cause!
- 4/7 – Golf Demo Day. Try the latest and greatest clubs from your favorite manufacturers! Call 352-746-3664 for details.
- 4/14 – Golf Tournament. Golf for a good cause. Call 352-897-1398 for more information.
- 3/24 – Fundraiser. Shelter me Citrus. Call 352-422-5525 for details.
- 3/26-3/29 – Spring Break Camp. Call 352-527-7540 for details.
- 3/23 – Concert, Almost AHBA. An ABBA Tribute. Doors open at 6 at the Citrus Springs Community Center, which is located at 1570 W Citrus Springs Blvd, Citrus Springs. Call 352-527-7540 for more info.
- 3/17 – Yard & Bake Sale. REALTOR® Association of Citrus County (Charities Committee) will be having a Yard – Bake Sale from 8am to 2pm at 714 S Scarboro Ave. All funds raised will benefit the 2018 Charities of Choice.
- 3/28 – Open House. Citrus County Mosquito Control District is holding an Open House from 10 am to 3 pm. 968 N. Lecanto Hwy
- 3/26 & 4/6 – Let the Sun Pay Your Bills! For more information, contact solarunitedneighbors.org/ citrus or call 352-382-0032.
- 4/7 – 5th Annual Suncoast Credit Union Schoolhouse Hustle. Call 352-586-3396 for details.
- 3/17 & 3/18 – Spring Show and Sale. Enjoy the Citrus Watercolor Society Show at the Homosassa Wildlife Park.
- 3/24 – Monthly Bird Walk. Ellie Schiller Wildlife Park. Please call the park office to register, (352) 628-5343
- 3/24 – Shrimpapalooza – 9am to 6pm. Join the Rotary Club of Homosassa Springs In Old Homosassa for some Mardis Gras style Fun!!
- 4/7 – Homosassa Goes Hog Wild. Enjoy the 2nd annual Community Day at the Old Homosassa Civic Club. Tons of activities and fun for all ages! 9 a to 5 pm
- 4/7 – Rotary Club of Sugarmill Woods annual Gala. Call 352-503-7355 for more info.
- 3/17 – Patrick’s Day Celebration. Celebrate on Citrus Ave. with the annual dog parade in the morning, pub crawl, live music, face painting, and a street party at night.
- 3/17 – CCD Black Caucus Meeting. Meet Dana Cottrell, Congressional Candidate District 11. The meeting is held at Oyster’s Restaurant, 606 N.E. Highway 19, Crystal River and starts at Noon.
- 3/22 – Beast Feast. Music, Food and Fun at Rock Crusher Canyon. Call 352-457-9644 for more information.
- 3/24 – Egg Hunt – Come hunt Easter eggs in beautiful Hunter Springs Park 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- 3/30 – Moon over the Mounds. 8-9:30 pm at the Crystal River Archaeological State Park.
- 3/30 – Google Returns! Google Professional Speaker Pamela Starr will return to the Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center to present two valuable workshop topics. 8 am to 11:30 at 915 N Suncoast Blvd.
- 3/31 – Blessing of the Bikes. 2nd Annual Blessing of the Bikes. Registration at Castaways. All proceeds benefit local veterans Call 5089898982 for details.
- 4/10 – Diamonds in April. The BFF Society will present its ninth annual Diamonds in April event at the George Washington Carver Community Center, 555 NE Third Ave., Crystal River. For information, call Cora at 352-746-6136.
- 4/14 – Mermaids & Margaritas! 12 noon – 8 pm at Fort Island Gulf Beach, at the end of Fort Island Beach Trail. NO PARKING AT BEACH FOR THIS EVENT, FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE
- 4/19 – Citrus Resource Fair.
- 4/19 – King’s Bay Pirate Fest
- 4/28 – Community Day at Copeland Park
- 4/27 – Pillar Awards
- 5/12 – CC Sheriff’s All Hazard’s Expo
Tuesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Lollygagger’s Sports Pub & Grill, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill,
Wednesdays: Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Two Deuces
Thursdays: Blue Gator, Clawdaddy’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mickey’s Bar, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, The Shed at MacRae’s, The Suncoast Diner
Fridays: Blue Gator, Burkes of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Company, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Shed at MacRae’s, The Suncoast Bar & Grill, Two Deuces
Saturdays: Blue Gator, BreakRoom Bar & Grill, Burke’s of Ireland, Clawdaddy’s, Cracker’s, Gator Cove, Grumpy Gator’s, High Octane, Hot Shotz, Mickey’s Bar, Motor City Pasta Co., Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar, Old Mill Tavern, Pine Street Pub, River Ranch Bar & Grill, Seagrass Waterfront, Sleepy Hollow, The Shed at MacRae’s, The Suncoast Bar & Grill, Two Deuces
Sundays: Blue Gator, High Octane, Norton’s Riverside Sports Bar & Grill, Old Mill Tavern, Seagrass Waterfront, The Shed at MacRae’s