For Citrus County kids ages 6-18, Boys & Girls Clubs of Citrus provides a positive, constructive bridge between the end of the school day and the parents’ arrival home from work. For the kids we serve, this means that they are in a protected, constructive environment during the high-risk hours of 3-8 pm. By providing that safe place to go after school, we redefine the opportunity equation for our members: School + Out of School = GREAT FUTURES. During those hours, our staff of well-trained professionals and volunteers provides kids:
- An educational enhancement focus through homework help and tutoring
- A sense of belonging in a setting where young people know they “fit” and are accepted
- A sense of usefulness through opportunities to do something of value for others
- A sense of power or influence through opportunities for them to be heard and to influence decisions
- A sense of competence by instilling the feeling that they have something of value to offer others
The Clubs are managed by a full-time chief professional officer governed by a volunteer board of directors comprised of local residents. We employ professional staff, supported by part-time workers and dedicated volunteers. These leaders serve as positive role models for our members and help create a warm and friendly environment where children feel safe, welcome and appreciated.
BGCCC is unique in that our services are provided on a consistent, daily basis, 52 weeks per year. The staff is well trained and representative of the youth population we serve. Our award-winning youth development programs focus on five important core areas: Education and Career Development (including technology), Character and Leadership Development, The Arts, Health and Life Skills, and Sports, Fitness and Recreation.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://www.bgccitrus.org